fisherwick trout lake bream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bream dream

up the Villa.
what can i say.....i was more than surprised.i fished it on possibly the hottest day of the year but still managed to bag up.

arriving at 6:00am the surface was alive with trout and roach with the odd good bream rolling,i decided to fish ontop of a gravel bar i had found at 35yds in 4ft of water,setting up a standard patternoster,3.5 bottom to a 16 and double red maggot,i had popped out 20 feeders full of g/bait(brown crumb/fishmeal/pellet powder micros and hemp)the swim came alive with bream bumping the feeder as soon as it hit the water.

from the first to the last put in the bites never stopped,the average size of the bream were 3lb with the odd bigger snotty to 5lb the roach were fin perfect,the biggest being a shade over 2lb,and the hybrids realy put up a good scrap.

by the time i packed up at 3:00 i'd put well over 70lb in the net(and i had an hour break couse it was too hot to fish)i'd dropped god knows how many fish and been smashed up a fair few times,so all in all on not the most perfect bream conditions i still managed to put a decent bag togethar,and if this weather keeps up it looks like a ton is on the cards this weekend,roll on sat [:D]

Last edited:

Leo33

Sounds like a cracking day! didnt know you could coarse fish the trout lake? the roach sound tempting!

Muckin_Fuppet

Account Locked
Is this place in Staffordshire? If it was your hottest day I'm amazed at how different the weather is from Manchester to there...I had my heating on last night [:C]

Leo33

Just opened it up? is it a permanant thing or just temporary? is the day ticket price the same as the other lakes?

hemphead2

hemphead2
sounds like my kind of fishing ,well done, got any pics?

Last edited:

bream dream

up the Villa.
yes mate,just trying to get my head round photobucket,but without succes [:D]i'll keep trying.

bream dream

up the Villa.
025.jpg

yes i'm there,give 10 mins and i'll have the fisherwick photos up,the ones above were from a recent session on manor park.[:T]

bream dream

up the Villa.
SAM_0677.jpg

SAM_0676.jpg

SAM_0675.jpg

SAM_0678.jpg

not the best pics in the world (blame the mrs)but she tried her best,pete at fisherwick has the better pics i'll try to upload some from him.

jackojet

hi guys this is Pete from fisherwick

okay i used to run the fishery from 1987 to 2003 , my late father Dave bailiffed it until he went into hospital then died . i left in 04 working just Sat and Suns for the owner until a new fihery manager was appointed , i kept away as not to tred on new mans toes , but kept in touch remotely .

a few weeks ago i approached the owner and gave observations of probs at the fishery due to poor management etc .

i have a long assiocation with the fishery and good friendship with Rob the owner and we decided to let me take reins again . i owe to you customers, myself and Dad .

well its great to be back and good to see an exciting bag of fish and a good review !

i feel in a dream and kick myself for leaving but Dads death was too much at the time and a break was needed , a 7 year one was not really intented , but i gained new skills , married and settled down , this is down to my wife Sara .

the fishery is now open on the trout lake to coarse anglers and carp anglers . a stocking of trout will go in possibly sept to accomodate the fly anglers .

there are some monster carp bream roach and good pike in the lake , even grass carp , i put these in way back in 1990 ! they have thrived on neglect and most fish have never seen bait !

the bream moley caught are constantly breeding and the off spring will be used to increase stock in other pools and the matchpool . this will be done in the winter .

the lovely bream you see will remain and a 6lb 13oz has already been caught by a carp angler !

i have caught perch to 4lbs in the past on a spoon !

so the unknown is pretty exciting !

thanks to moley for an excellent review and hope to see you soon and all other anglers are more than welcome to fish the trout lake on day ticket of just 5 for one rod

phone 01543 433606 Answer phone and i will get back to you .

we also will opening the new fishing lodge in hopefully next month or two . i will stocking bait , tackle as well as refreshments once up and running . at the moment i have limited bait and pop tea etc to keep you anglers happy .

sorry for hijacking this thread , but im so pleased to see the pics on this thread and glad to be back at my second home Fisherwick

regards all Pete Jackson

bream dream

up the Villa.
no probs Pete,i'm back in the morning so get the kettle on for 7:00 [:D]and make sure no-one jumps in me peg[:p]no,i'm gonna try the bank by the old lodge if no-ones there,hopefully get the ton [:T].

The Big Fella

hi bream dream

looks a spot on venue that!

We will give that a bash in the next 3-4 weeks mate. My dad likes trouting so it means he can possibly have a bash trouting and us 3 can have a knock up.

Nice to see keepnets can be used, but as we joined mallory park fisheries for 250.00 we are getting our monies worth there first!

Then we are all off to Holland on 26th August for 8 days breaming on the canals and lake. [;)]

nice bag of fish mate, save a few for us[:D][;)][;)]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.