Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
It is not so much a fishery, as one lake which is run by Brynmill Angling club, Swansea. The bream in the water run to well over 10lb.

Stupid idea.

What is the harm in weighing the fish, in front of a witness, and returning it to the water?

whitespringsboy

Originally posted by Geoff P

It is not so much a fishery, as one lake which is run by Brynmill Angling club, Swansea. The bream in the water run to well over 10lb.

Stupid idea.

What is the harm in weighing the fish, in front of a witness, and returning it to the water?

i was aware of that [:I]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I now know more of the story. Apparently an angler on a different web site reported this. The rule was agreed by all the anglers taking part. One angler, who tends to complain if he draws a bad peg, then had a moan because he would have won if an 8lb carp had counted at full weight, but he finished second, just.

John83, I think that is the option everybody has. Don't like the rules, don't fish.

bbgun

As stated , all anglers were in full agreement before the match and during the draw , i see no problems with it as all agreed , it seems like sour grapes to me .

whitespringsboy

Originally posted by bbgun

As stated , all anglers were in full agreement before the match and during the draw , i see no problems with it as all agreed , it seems like sour grapes to me .

it does seem like sour grapes, now we all know the facts which weren't told originally?

but the point of the poll is

if you know there was a rule like this would you fish a match or not knowing that you could catch large numbers of better fish? which could take longer to bank and net?

bbgun

I voted " yes it wouldn't bother me "

Reason , if you have a 5hr match on a large mixed water with a good head of large Carp then there's nothing stopping a Specimen angler with a few hours to spare putting out a single rod for a Carp .

Now when the match anglers are mixing it between Roach , Rudd , Skimmers etc etc , this Carp angler hits a lets say 35lb Mirror and walks away with all the money , what would happen , not fair would be all you'd hear , even though this specimen angler knew his / her stuff and caught the fish , he's / she's spent his / her time reading a book , cooking a sarnie , rolling a smoke , watching a dvd , getting some sleep etc etc .

Now then is that fair or another POLL coming up ???

Last edited:
a club near me although i am not part of it if in the carp matches you catch anything above 3lb it is only counted as 3lb

Thom

we have that rule in our junior matches but simply because the fishery is normally slow to produce and considering the wide age range of the junior club we considered it fair as where i can land them in 20 second some juniors can be on 30minutes. so if i understand myself wehat im saying is atleast this way variation between catches is lower and the younger, less experienced member, stand a fair chance of winning.

young un

If you have 15 fish all over 10lb you could have had 150lb possibly your biggest match weight but you would get 75lb just sounds dull to me.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
sounds stupid to me - does that mean that any carp under 5 lb can be counted as 5 lb...Can't just have it one way

Last edited:

fish o holic

Fishing is my LIFE
That is the sillyest rule ive ever come across and it totaly defeats the object of winning matches if that rule where in place, and if they didn't want people targeting bigger fish then why do they have them in the fishery!

Rich Rev

Yorkshire's finest
Bloody stupid rule which would prevent me from fishing the venue.
However if I did fish it understanding the rules, I would not winge about missing out by a pound as everyone is on a level playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.