Fisheries that have announced they are closing for lockdown2

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Why are any fisheries closing at all ? Except for no matches i don't understand why they are all not remaining open.....to close sort of says they don't trust us to behave ourselves and maybe they think staying open is encouraging people to car share and travel a long way ?
Without income from matches it wont be viable to open and staff the larger commercials. At this time of year they just don't get enough pleasure anglers through the gates.
I know Whitmore dont open-mid week from Dec to March because of this reason.

berty bunker

alvechurch fishery Update: Fishery will be closed now until December 2nd.
For everyone that is asking we will conclude the winter league once we know when we can match fish again. It may mean that we will need to have matches continuously or fish Saturday/Sundays. Hope to see you all soon, stay safe

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Yew Tree Fisheries Wirral.
Closing for the first two weeks of lockdown to give the place a breather & then reopening. All matches cancelled though.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter

Alders Farm Fishery​

We will be closed from tomorrow, the 5th November as per government guidelines and will remain closed until further clarification from GOV when they make an official statement. Which trust us we will do our best to receive this information as quickly as possible. Until that time comes, the fishery and store will remain closed!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter

The Glebe and Mallory Park Fisheries​

Dear Members and Friends,
Several members have rang me for an update on the “lockdown” situation. This is not a problem and if you have any questions you can contact me anytime 07711711650.
As previously stated, The Glebe is open as normal for members pleasure fishing, but not organised events.

Above all, keep safe.

Regards,

Roy.

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
I’m pretty confident I’ll not be showing anything anywhere. I take it you don’t know the fishery ? He still ran matches in the first lockdown. The ####
More interested in his horses. Once went to try book a match and told to book it through his wife on FB. Told him we were not on FB. Went into the cafe and spoke to his wife face to face and told to book it on FB. WTF?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
More interested in his horses. Once went to try book a match and told to book it through his wife on FB. Told him we were not on FB. Went into the cafe and spoke to his wife face to face and told to book it on FB. WTF?
Yes. I think it’s his daughter’s hobby are the horses. You’re better off talking to her instead of Ray in all honesty. I think owning the fishery has gone to his head. If a fishery can’t be accommodating then vote with your feet and go somewhere else like you did. 👍

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
MESSINGHAM SANDS FISHERY is open for pleasure anglers only. NO MATCHES. Just turn up for the normal pleasure lakes. However if you want to pleasure fish the match only lakes then you can book a peg on Pay-Pal but match rules apply ie one rod only. All details on the web site (y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
MESSINGHAM SANDS FISHERY is open for pleasure anglers only. NO MATCHES. Just turn up for the normal pleasure lakes. However if you want to pleasure fish the match only lakes then you can book a peg on Pay-Pal but match rules apply ie one rod only. All details on the web site (y)
That’s good to know. Probably about 15 to 20 miles for me. Is that pushing it a bit do you think ? Not seen Kev for ages. Lovely guy. 👍

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
That’s good to know. Probably about 15 to 20 miles for me. Is that pushing it a bit do you think ? Not seen Kev for ages. Lovely guy. 👍
An hour and ten for me but we go there a lot for club matches and a lot of the opens. As its getting cold you want to be on Big Swan as it's nice and deep although saying that they have been getting some big weights out on Island. Pegs 2, 3, 4, and 6 are the best.

15 - 20 miles who knows. Drive faster.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
An hour and ten for me but we go there a lot for club matches and a lot of the opens. As its getting cold you want to be on Big Swan as it's nice and deep although saying that they have been getting some big weights out on Island. Pegs 2, 3, 4, and 6 are the best.

15 - 20 miles who knows. Drive faster.
Mate went last week and he said that they are still catching on donkey chokers. I love how Kev and his lads weigh you in. Proper looks after his fish. Not like other fisheries I dare not mention. 🙄

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
Mate went last week and he said that they are still catching on donkey chokers. I love how Kev and his lads weigh you in. Proper looks after his fish. Not like other fisheries I dare not mention. 🙄
I love the place and if I lived closer to sunny Scunny I wouldn't go anywhere else with the lakes he has. Kevs a top bloke and runs it as a fishery. No cafe and no tackle shop (apart from his own pellets). I don't think there is an unfishable peg on the whole complex as his lads are always working on them and cutting back trees. Well spaced unlike some fisheries and you can park at the back of nearly every peg and drive on good roads. If I owned a fishery I would want to run it like his.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I love the place and if I lived closer to sunny Scunny I wouldn't go anywhere else with the lakes he has. Kevs a top bloke and runs it as a fishery. No cafe and no tackle shop (apart from his own pellets). I don't think there is an unfishable peg on the whole complex as his lads are always working on them and cutting back trees. Well spaced unlike some fisheries and you can park at the back of nearly every peg and drive on good roads. If I owned a fishery I would want to run it like his.
Folk refer to Messingham as a commercial but, it certainly doesn’t look like your typical commercial. It’s a very scenic place to fish. I’m sure Kev has encouraged wildlife to take over. The place is beautiful. Other owners should visit and learn how to design and look after a really nice fishery. That includes my own club Scunthorpe & District. 🙄

Carp attack

I must be lucky then only about 5 miles from my front door! 😁😍, love the place,
It's a proper fishery, not just carp carp carp, rammed with quality silvers! Just what you need now its turning cold, I'll be spending many a hour on the match lakes trying different things out, 🤗

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Leger Lakes, Rotherham

We are inviting our anglers at Leger lakes free fishing on match and leisure lake. This will be from Monday to Friday until 4pm during this month of lockdown.
We are doing this in support of mental health and emotional well-being. We would ask if you would please purchase something to takeaway from the tea room to support a local business. This only needs to be a drink.
Mick will be about with maggots and pellets throughout the day.
We are sorry we have had to cancel our open friendly and our charity match on the 15th November. Anyone that visits on the 15th on match or leisure. All fees paid will go to the Royal British legion .
Please adhere to social distancing and covid rules

Thank you
Teresa and Mick 🎣

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
ALDERS FARM FISHERY ****CLOSURE UPDATE****

Following the announcement from angling trust earlier this week we wanted to seek clear black & white clarification from government regarding our business re-opening! As a business we wanted to be absolutely confident before making this decision and would like to Apologise to anyone that missed out both yesterday and today whilst we seek this information.
We have had conversations with Local authorities and our Local MP regarding this and have now all arrived at the decision that we should now re-open!
With the following guidelines observed.

☑️
We must all follow the guidance listed below
☑️

•Our on-site click and collect will be open from 07:30 until 10:00am daily, 7 days a week. Where you can purchase bait and tackle essentials and your day tickets.
•No entry to fishery without a pre-purchased day ticket.
•A Strict 2m rule applies at all times.
•You must wear face coverings whilst queuing at the on-site click and collect.
• You must travel on your own (or with a member of your own bubble) as per Gov guidelines. See link below
•You must fish on your own or with one other person! 1 peg per person! No groups allowed as per guidance.
•Contactless payments preferred
•No entry to the store. Click and collect solely
•No night fishing until further notice.
•No match fishing as per guidelines
•No admittance to site after 10am.
•Closing time is 5pm daily
•Long journeys to be avoided
•If you have symptoms of COVID-19 then please stay at home as per guidlines.
•Whilst on site you cannot leave your peg to talk to other anglers. “Walk arounds” will not be permitted.
•No Spectators.
•All our normal fishery rules apply.

Please remember to observe all other lockdown rules whilst at our fishery and travelling to and from your homes! Also please enjoy your time here!
Hopefully these extra precautions and guidelines will not be here forever
🎣
🎣
🎣

Stay Safe and Fish Safely
👍🏻

Alders Farm fishery team

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Sorry to be stupid, but where is the Alders Farm 'click and collect.' Does this mean order online, or by phone before arriving? Or is it all onsite?