Fish theft - Neville Park, Snodland

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Well guys you’ve seen my regular posts about this little lake and how I want to stop the council removing the fish but it may be academic.

Had a message from a lad I know who is on the lake now and he’s let me know a couple of blokes who’d been on an overnight session have just loaded a net full of carp into the back of a van on the bypass adjacent to the bank - the van had a huge tank in it.

He kept his head down - right thing to do - and said they looked “like gypsies or foreign” but could have been anyone. Didn’t get a number plate or anything so zero point notifying the police.

Obviously an organised group of scroats - don’t want to think how long it’s been going on or how much more they’ll do it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
They might be taking them and relocating them knowing the council are going to prohibit fishing, it doesn't make it right though.
Report it to the EA Telephone: 0800 80 70 60

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Used to know (found out later) that a bloke was regularly fishing the Trent, accompanied by a transit, with back windows blacked out. His friends fishery had a huge influx of caught barbel - only thing you could do was report it to the EA for illegal stocking. Catching the person in the act was difficult. Think he got warned off. Hasten to add, not by me - would rather have seen him caught and go to court.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
We had a guy taking carp from one of our club waters for his neighbour who was Eastern European. I kid you not. We found out and now he’s banned which is a good thing as one or two anglers wanted to ..... errrrr ..... ask him about his actions. 👊

CarpCatcher86

We had a guy taking carp from one of our club waters for his neighbour who was Eastern European. I kid you not. We found out and now he’s banned which is a good thing as one or two anglers wanted to ..... errrrr ..... ask him about his actions. 👊
Maybe they should have, as you put it, had a word in his shell like. It's the only language some people understand. Literally in some cases.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
A local fishery put signs up in Eastern European languages.
“Members only , memberships £6,000 for 12mth”
He doesn’t have a problem with them anymore

CarpCatcher86

A local fishery put signs up in Eastern European languages.
“Members only , memberships £6,000 for 12mth”
He doesn’t have a problem with them anymore
Astbury Mere was the first place I had ever seen that. No swimming no BBQ's and no littering signs in multiple languages. It hardly stopped people swimming there in warm weather. Until a roving lure angler such as myself decided I wanted to fish at every peg where people were swimming. I got a few funny looks and a few choice comments, I simply pointed out that there were no swimming signs everywhere, and if anyone swimming didn't get out of the water the police would be called. I was amazed by how quick people got out of the water and even went home in some cases.