Fish O final

BlueKoi

I thought it was a good watch and is great for the sport. Us match anglers take note of the small details but, you've got to remember that this is for a wider audience. I watched with my 5 and 7 year old and they were hooked! I had a couple of messages from people at work that I have introduced into fishing. One wants to give the match stuff a go and the other said even his other half was interested after watching.

I thought the chat from angling trust was brilliant and paints the sport in the right light for those that don't understand.

Great performance from Harry - didn't show any signs of pressure. The fish were there but, if he'd stayed short, 16m or fished the method he may not have found the fish.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Lunch was great - a toss up between an 8oz rat burger in an oversized breadcake, or an 8oz slab of steak BBQ'd in front of you on a charcoal grill, seasoned and served with onions in a baggette, for the same price, a no brainer ;)
What did you have then?

Total

Site Supporter
He’s gone all girly on me Mark. Watching his figure. 🙄 I’ve been watching mine for 54 years …… getting bigger. 😩🤣🤣
Can you ask him to stick some new photo's of his new dog up please Mick?......We've only seen the puppy pic....Thank you....(y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Can you ask him to stick some new photo's of his new dog up please Mick?......We've only seen the puppy pic....Thank you....(y)
Will do pal. 👍. I love Nicky’s dog Forest …. It hunts and kills sweeping brushes. 👍🤣

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
An exceptional performance from Harry but he had a couple of advantages on the day that other anglers on that peg at previous finals haven't enjoyed.
The first was the fact that his end peg "Blocker" was set a way back in a bay so that the lines that he was fishing didn't really interfere with Harry's and secondly, in previous years the young Next Gen anglers have been on the pegs to his left and able to target the fish moving onto the line that produced for him today.

I have to say that he did a first rate job of holding those fish in front of him today though as it wasn't till the final hour that Sam Brown on the next peg finally started to catch and did really well in that final hour to finish second.

Total

Site Supporter
An exceptional performance from Harry but he had a couple of advantages on the day that other anglers on that peg at previous finals haven't enjoyed.
The first was the fact that his end peg "Blocker" was set a way back in a bay so that the lines that he was fishing didn't really interfere with Harry's and secondly, in previous years the young Next Gen anglers have been on the pegs to his left and able to target the fish moving onto the line that produced for him today.

I have to say that he did a first rate job of holding those fish in front of him today though as it wasn't till the final hour that Sam Brown on the next peg finally started to catch and did really well in that final hour to finish second.
^^ Spot on....(y)

.....And given the predominant wind on the day was blowing away to Harry's right and he could fish for the carp in the depth they wanted to be in and on the bottom....

It does question though if young Sam Brown could have done more to draw Harry's fish?:unsure:......All 'If's and buts' etc.....(y)

CNSam

Site Supporter
Going to be slightly contentious here but FishOMania is meant to be the ultimate final for match anglers...as Harry himself said today, anyone in that Peg would probably have won today, it was back to basics stuff by the sound of it. Given this statement and the way pegging is setup, it genuinely does and has come down to the luck of the draw, the rest of the guys would have had better odds of winning 50k down the local bookies, no? I know it's been said before but anyone you speak to that has sat in a match or qualifier at Hayfield always says the same, the fish want their space and then they feed late on...why weren't more pegs utilised around the ponds for this very purpose so it didn't just fall down to a lucky peg draw completely?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
It doesn't matter what venue it's fished on, on any day any peg can win, there is no such fishery as one where every peg is even, it's what gives the unknowns the chance against the superstars and long may it remain that way.
There's also very few fisheries that have the facilities available to accommodate the needs of TV companies for 6 hours of live outside broadcasting, car parking and the needs of large numbers of spectators.

Total

Site Supporter
The final has got to kept to one pond as final competitor numbers don't justify otherwise.....Anything short of pegging both ends of 'Island Lake', I reckon they've got the pegging just right as the winner has always came from a different peg each time....

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
The final has got to kept to one pond as final competitor numbers don't justify otherwise.....Anything short of pegging both ends of 'Island Lake', I reckon they've got the pegging just right as the winner has always came from a different peg each time....
It’s what they term ….. the luck of the draw. Got to be in it to win it as they say. Go on Mark get yourself in. I’d love to hear what Keith Arthur has to say when you start battling carp on that tank aerial of yours. 🤣🤣😘

Chrissill

Usual enjoy Fisho , but don't know what it was this year poor presentation bordering on amateurish the fact that it was all over 2 hours before the end
but i found it a bore fest tbh , i understand why they couldn't but not being able to hear the anglers thoughts during the match took something away.
Anyway well done to the winner
Completely agree. I usually look forward to it, but the television coverage was terrible, presenters weren’t well chosen, too much talk and not enough fishing. Not very professional coverage compared to the last few years.