Fish IN Belgium - guided fishing trips

Marco Solar

Hey mates,

I am still not sure if the Admin will like this, but I will share my first post like this.

If anyone is going to visit Belgium, or the southern parts of the Netherlands; I am happy to share some fishing tips and tricks with you.
Here you will find a short introduction of me as a fishing guide > Marco Solar - Guided-Fishing

In the future I will write some insided-fishing post for your forum, sharing my knowledge and experiences.

Cheers
Marco

JohnL

Hi Marco

Planning on going to Blankenberge during the summer (august) for a couple of weeks. Any advice for fishing round there or recommendations of good tackle shops for coarse/match fishing. I know a couple of shops in Ostend and neiuwport but anything helps .

drw

Site Supporter
Hi Marco I am interested in fishing in Belgium for Bream my brother lives in Brussels, any help with venues and permits would be great thanks Dave

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Welcome.

I have fished in Belgium, on a British army camp just outside Antwerp and on a neaby private lake. The camp is/was called Emblem I think. Part of its boundary is an old WW1 gun emplacement that has a large moat around it. The Army had the inside island.

The private lake was also a moat though around a house.

The club I belonged to had a member who was in the Army and he was posted to Emblem. He then invited us to fish two matches against the camp's club over the Easter weekend in 1979. First day was on the private lake, the second on the camp lake. I managed to win the first day with a weight of 6lb 1oz (2.7 kilo). That was the first time I ever caught a sunfish/pumpkinseed fish.

SeanB

Site Supporter
I'm always interested in reading about the adventures of anglers in other countries even if I don't expect to go there.
I'm sure there used to be a French guy who posts on YouTube that might have been a site member, always enjoyed his videos.