Fish-in at Elvington (The Northern Fish-in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All,

I can confirm the dates as the 27th and 28th July 2002. Further details will be up shortly

icon_smile_big.gifDave

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All,

I have been talking to Stan at the Elvington Lake fishery with regard to 'borrowing' his fishery for the weekend and he has very kindly donated the lake to us for the weekend of the 27th and 28th July 2002.
He has also given us his campsite for the bivvies, tents and Troggs caravan for Saturday night and Friday night for those who may have a distance to travel and is more than enthusiastic to make it a big event. It's the first Fish-in in the North and we are aiming to make it a very memorable one.
I have been in touch with Allan Stone of 'Stoney & Friends' with regard to the charity side of things and we are going to do it to the benefit of Macmillan Cancer Relief.

More details and booking forms will be up soon icon_smile_big.gif

Larry

Lazarus
Hi Dave&All.
I can't make this fish in as i'll be flying back from Gran Canaria that weekend so i'll have to catch you all another time ,I't's just my bad luck.
Cheer's Larry

Cheer's Larry

Tim

Hi Dave,

I'm up for it. I fished Elvington late October and caught my first Tench - 6lb 2oz !! There are some cracking fish in there well worth being dragged off the rivers for

icon_smile_big.gif Tim

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All,

Just a few more details on the fish-in.

Stan (the fishery owner) has kindly agreed to lift his night-fishing ban for the first time ever so that we can all have a go for the big-uns if we wish.
For those that aren't familiar with Elvington - Carp have been caught to 35lb, Tench in excess of 10lb, 6lb+ Bream, Crucians 3lb+, massive Eels and a host of other species, not forgetting some donkey sized Catfish that haven't been landed in quite a few years but have in recent years been hooked and smashed 20lb plus lines !!

There are going to be prizes for the Largest Carp, Tench, Eel and hopefully a special for the largest Catfish.

More will be posted as the details are completed.

Dave

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Dave,

just a simple question. Is Elvington a specimen hunters paradise or can a mere mortal like me enjoy myself with pole and 12 to 14 elastic. I am not particularly fussed what kind or size of fish I catch, as long as I catch something.
Oh and is there a good local pub. You do realise that I dont drink icon_smile_big.gif but other guys do.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Tim

Hi Geoff,

I've fished there several times now and you can use what ever you want. The place is full of all sorts from skimmers, roach perch right the way through to the big-uns.

I dont fancy your chances if you get one of the big carp on though icon_smile_big.gif As for pubs, being a teetotaller I wouldnt know about the one around the corner but have heard it serves a good pint rofl

Dave how did you get the night-ban lifted though as the owner wont budge on that even for his caravaners?

I'll be there all being well, Tim

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All,

The fishing is what you want to make of it. If you want an all out assault on the Specimens in there or just want a good ol' day's maggotdrowning, its up to you.

Tim the night ban is in place mainly due to the campsite and Stan's peace and quiet after hours but without any coaxing he has agreed to lift it on this occasion also the groundbait ban but I think we'll be limitting this to 500lbs per Yorshireman icon_smile_tongue.gif

Everything is being put in place as I speak and final arrangements are now being drafted up.

In the meantime take a look at the site that I have 'knocked' up for Stan as a way of thanks (any comments or suggestions are welcome Dave@maggotdrowning.com)

www.elvingtonlake.co.uk

Dave icon_smile_big.gif

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Alright Geoff
There is a village pub quite close by.

Stu

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
OK thats another two reasons for me to try n make it then icon_smile_big.gif

Air museum AND a haunted place (i love planes so does Cheyenne & my hobby is parasychology) icon_smile_big.gif

As for the pubs welllllllllll what can i say ...if Dave n Stu didn't know of one it would surprise the hell outta me icon_smile_big.gif

ps Dave good little site for Elvington mate (but you really wanna stop copying what it says in the local tourist guide) icon_smile_tongue.gif

Alan
You've just been moderated

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
OI Alan
These flying ghosts only exist on Scooby Doo you know.icon_smile_big.gif

Stu

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I must thank my norfern cousins for their prompt reply and assistance. I think I will have to buy a specimen rod for this trip, although i am quite confident I can catch a 6oz roach (my normal catch) on 14 elastic. Actually lads I have banked carp to 12lb on 12 elastic, 5lb main and 2.7lb bottom so the northern carp softies don't scare me.
I am looking forward to meeting a few of you agian, perhaps this time we can get Trog to enjoy a pint in the pub and not be so b***** miserable, and I am looking forward to meeting a few more for the first time.

see you all soon.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do we know if the pub does B & B 'cos it might be below 60 degrees F and some norfern boys might be cold.
Oh and lads I am not driving back from the pub this time.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Geoff,

As far as I'm aware there is a pub within walking/staggering distance and a guesthouse literally over the road. The temperature has been booked to be a minimum of 18oc (still can't covert farehei, farenhie, faranhig, anyway from degrees F icon_smile_big.gif)

All the details should be up this week with contacts, forms, arrangements and ticket details as we've just got a few final things to sort out.

icon_smile.gif Dave

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trog, this was said with tongue in cheek
quote:
perhaps this time we can get Trog to enjoy a pint in the pub and not be so b***** miserable,
see you all soon.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Shall I bring the mobile disco again.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Geoff

Thats a shame i thought you were being serious!
"I were gonna be yorksha mun for t wikend n refuse to spend owt n all"icon_smile_tongue.gif

I guessed it was in fun mate don't worry about iticon_smile_big.gif

Alan
You've just been moderated

Edited by - Trogg on 07 January 2002 8:43:00 PM

MALC

Just to let you know should be able to make it on the Saturday but got to work on the Sunday night so it'll just be the one day for me but at least i'll get to meet you all.

MALC

les middy

'Navigator'
would love to come will be great to see faces instead of just names
and about the local ale house dont partake my self but will have one to be sociable
tight lines *38 *7
les

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Les,

quote:y dont these smileys work for me???????

Guess you've been in the Chat Room?
The smileys in the Chat Room use a different code to the forum ones. If you click the smiley icon/button when you write your post, a window will open showing you the ones available. Copy the 'code' at the side of the one that you want, into your post

[ :D] gives you this icon_smile_big.gif
[ :)] displays this icon_smile.gif etc

The details and forms for Elvington will be available on the site all being well Sunday/Monday this week

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.