Fish counting

melvyn

Head Blanker
Had to buy a new fish clicker counter today. My usual one went to sleep again this afternoon. After havening tea and biscuits.

Maverick

I know a few pleasure anglers who count the fish in their heads. one fish is one, two fish is 4, 3 fish is 6

It's amazing how many fish they catch in a day. They always catch more than me ;)

Robwooly

A piece of scrap paper folded over into a quarter. R= Roach P=Perch etc etc Takes a little longer than a clicker but you can count all the different species and also put the weight of the bigger ones down, working out the total weight is easy too at the end of the day. Record them neatly when I get home, been doing it since I was little.

P1020439.JPG

melvyn

Head Blanker
Tried that first time paper blew away. Then lost my pencil. Also if I start making lists I lose interest My wife usually dose the counting. If I'm on my own I don't bother . Just thought it would be nice to know. how many I caught at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Carl c

I know a few pleasure anglers who count the fish in their heads. one fish is one, two fish is 4, 3 fish is 6

It's amazing how many fish they catch in a day. They always catch more than me ;)
And they always catch the big'uns(y)