First ton!

Dusty

Finally managed my first ton today in a club match! Having taken it up this year I’ve only managed to make it to 5 or 6 matches and put in a few steady performances including a third place on my first match of the season.

Today started slowly and by the 3 hour mark I had only clicked 30lb, fortunately I managed to get them going in the last 2-3 hours on A short meat line and managed to weigh in 111lb which was good enough for second place!

Next target - win a match!

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
All that hard work at Smeatons paid off then mate. Well done. :upthumb:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
You are learning!

My last two matches have gone the same way, all in last two to three hours. Sunday - 43lb after 4 hours, final weight 123 for 2nd.

Well done.

Dusty

You are learning!

My last two matches have gone the same way, all in last two to three hours. Sunday - 43lb after 4 hours, final weight 123 for 2nd.

Well done.

I lost loads of fish on the far bank fishing shallow, I lost 2 in a snag and the rest hook pulls, I think foul hookers were to blame.
With the size of the fish I was only 3-4 behind the winner ?

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Well done once broken you will find it a lot easier. Now go for 150lb

Paul22

Finally managed my first ton today in a club match! Having taken it up this year I’ve only managed to make it to 5 or 6 matches and put in a few steady performances including a third place on my first match of the season.

Today started slowly and by the 3 hour mark I had only clicked 30lb, fortunately I managed to get them going in the last 2-3 hours on A short meat line and managed to weigh in 111lb which was good enough for second place!

Next target - win a match!
Nice one ?

Dusty

Well back to earth with a bang today on another club match. Venue fished horrendously difficult and there were strong winds.
Had to scrap hard for 37lb and third place! Two carp over 10lb saved me.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Well done mate,
I've never caught a ton of fish ,and have not caught 50 lb in in matches or pleasure fishing in last 25 0r 30 years

Dusty

Well done mate,
I've never caught a ton of fish ,and have not caught 50 lb in in matches or pleasure fishing in last 25 0r 30 years

Hi mate, I was only thinking the other day I’d not seen you posting recently.
Hope you are well