First match finaly

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
I returned to fishing some 3 years ago but it took me about 18 months to to gain enough new skills kit and confidence to book on so I tried but conflicting schedules (work) floods (last year) had prevented me, I finally booked onto Sundays match, I know I'm not going to trouble the experienced match boys/girls or other, I don't own a pole, which puts me at a massive disadvantage on the match scene. Just be nice to have a bit of banter may learn a few things along the way. Will attempt to take a picture of the swim and any fishes caught, ps it's on a river, which I hope helps me out. Good luck to anyone else fishing this weekend match or pleasure.

MrBen

Site Supporter
Good luck, fish what you know and don’t get panic at the time ticks round, but equally don’t ignore it.

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
@MrBen as long as I don't blank, I just have to manage my time, it's only been 25 ish years since the last match.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
With a match on flowing water, river or stream, you are not at a massive disavantage just by using rods

I rarely use the pole on such matches, th rods being more than adequate tools,

I might get the whip out, but rarely even take a full pole, the only exeption would be gigs held on certain local canalised navigations that the flow is held back by gates

good luck