First fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Can you remember your first fishicon_smile_approve.gif
On my first outing i went with a group of friends,all new gear,the lads had shown me how to set up, putting the bait on,mixing groundbait,and away i went.
After about 1hr or so "twitch twitch went my tip"up came my rod, my first fish,
Coarse fish that is, a small roach of about 8oz, and the rest as the saying go"es is history
My first sea fish was a small flat fish.
Come to think of it all i catch is small fishicon_smile_sad.gif beer-toast1.gif
Toma

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
haha
My first fish came after a long 7/9 months of me fishing icon_smile_shock.gif , i went down with my mates there was just messing around i took it seriously and came out with a Perch and a couple followed that day..

my 1st time fishing was in Majorca off the Pier

Regards Gf
icon_smile_wink.gif[h6]Take me toThe Maggotdrowners[/h6]

danzante

Toma,
Newsham Park, Liverpool, across the road from our house.
A knock came upon my door at 7.30am on a June Sunday morning in 1970, it was a good job it was my brother in-law as i did'nt get in till 3.30am c...God knows where i'd been.

He stood there smilin',."e yer cummin fish'n
Dan?"..... "Whaaa?"..i was in a stand up coma,.."what are yer on about Ron?"
"come on al' show yer what to do"

so we bugger'd off with his two five foot plastic rods and two plastic Yo-Yo's....well that's what they looked like.

I sat there with half an inch float sticking out of the water for six Sundays on the trot
(just to please him)and not a bite..looking back i think i slept most of them days....

on the seventh Sunday my float dipped , i struck with unbelievable speed, i dragged out a two inch gudgeon and was hooked for life, the sheer thrill of catching that tiny fish was like winning the lottery for me.

Danny

martin.

Account Locked
hi
the first fish i can remember was in june 1965 a tench 3-05
caught in mortons leam on a 11ft float rod bread on the hook
i know that icaught fish before this but this is the one i can remember .
(maybe i am getting old but i still love my fishing & today i broke both my own & river record 19 tench for 69lb from a river)
will post full report in morning.

tight lines.
martin.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Tooting Bec Common,
The Manhole Swim.
A Gudgeon
Date......an awful long time ago roflmao.gif

Peter. thumbsup.gif
Happiness is a rod in your hand.

MALC

It was around 1969 from the River Kennet behind Reading Prison with my Grandad i know it must have been on bread paste as thats all he ever used unsure to this day if it was a roach or bleak but i remember it was a whooper must have weighed at least an ounce.

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I fished the stream to Darwell reservoir near Battle in East Sussex. I am sure my first fish was a bullhead, but the one I remember most is the pound and a half eel which smashed my old rod. My dad had great pleasure eating the eel, we didn't know any better then.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

waxlion1

Mine was a tiny perch on a single red maggot 30 years ago "god I feel old" in a pond called Clobrin.

Waxlion1
hello.gif

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
I don't remember any fish from my first few years fishing. Dad started me out at around age 2 or 3 with a pole made from a light,limber piece of cane, a float made from the cork out of a whisky bottle and a piece of match stick to hold the line. Would have been fishing with cock roaches for bait I'm sure.

First fish I clearly remember was from the White river when I was about 7. Fishing from the fairly steep bank - damp and slick. Another cane pole, whisky cork, and probably using a piece of worm as bait on about a #2 hook. Hooked into a 9lb drum (not a UK fish & the name "drum" comes because it somehow can get under a boat and make a sort of hollow booming sound like a bass drum). I was in the water to about my chest before an adult was able to get in the river and grab my belt. I still had pole and the fish on though. icon_smile_big.gif

Newt Vail

Edited by - Newt on 07 March 2002 3:58:44 PM

Zinky

Grumpy
A small bass of Hobbs point in Pembroke Dock some 40 years ago and had only been fishing a few weeks it was the summer holidays. Went on to catch alot of bass that summer with a 9ft glass rod and a very old centre pin reel.
Summer after spent all my savings on a new rod and reel, still got the reel.

Polepot

Poles
My first fish was caught on my dads fly rod in the river Leri in mid wales. I was 5 years old at the time. When my dad told me to stike, I did - he and I spent some time trying to find the small / tiny brownie in the bracken.

It was a fish of about 3oz and I have enjoyed my fishing ever since.

Tight Lines

Polepot

danzante

Pol pot,
did you own a fishing club in Cambodia? icon_smile_wink.gif

Danny

sean

I started fishing from a yound age but what I can remember was that it must of took me about a year to even get a bite. Every week buying copies of the anglers mail and reading the centre pages storyboards of Dave Coster pulling tench and bream like nobodies business.
When my first fish came it was a perch of about 6 oz. I can even remember the float I was using. It was a drennan 3SSG crystal waggler the size of a lamp post. What a feeling...

SEAN

norm

toma
you say your first fish was a small fish

think your self lucky mate because me and you dont catch any fish now

it isint the size of the tiddler that counts

G

Hi there Sean welcome to the forum mateicon_smile_approve.gificon_smile_approve.gif
Have fun and enjoy mate.
beer-toast1.gif Toma

norm

my first fish was from sunderland pier,
but i did not realise that my dad had went for a walk or something and had went to a wet fish shop, when i was not looking he was putting fish on the hook and throwing them into the water, i had about 15 whiting ,sometimes 2 or 3 on the hook at the same time. you can amagine how exited i was catching so many fish my first time i went fishing,
but then i asked the big question and he had to come clean.
"DAD HOW ARE THE FISH COMING OUT OF THE WATER ALREADY GUTTED?"

icon_smile_blush.gificon_smile_cool.gif

ferret

My 1st coarse fish was a perch(pretty small one) if you don't count sticklebacks.
My 1st cod from the beach is very memorable I had fished a lot and only caught whiting and rockling then I joined a sea fishing club in Hull where I live (DOUBLE SEVEN SAC) after a total of 25 trips from when I first started sea fishing and still no cod, one of the lads Ron Chapman took me to a place(Holmpton), we walked for ever and then stopped where Ron said, it all looked the same to me but Ron showed me an area 50 yds out where the water was much flatter than that around it, "there is a big hole there and I will guarentee you a fish", 2 worms on a 2/0, a 5oz lead and the bait screamed out(well 50yds was a long way in those early days), no sooner had the lead hit the water and I had tightened up and put the rod in the rest when the tip thumped over like I had never seen before, "there you go" shouted Ron and I struck into what felt like a lump of weed, then it started to move and in what seemed like an eternity a lovely 2lbs 2oz cod was sliding up the beach.I didn't have the heart to kill it and let it go back, Ron couldn't believe his eyes and nearly threw me in!

Ah! Not Fishing again.

Edited by - ferret on 02 April 2002 7:21:21 PM

Del-J

' Victor '
Norm, could have been worse. Your da could have gone to a fish and chip shop. icon_smile_big.gif That would have worried you mate.

DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

norm

yes if they were comming out batterd

Status
Not open for further replies.