First Ever Match

Mangers

Keen as Mustard
Site Supporter
Cracking day, loved every minute of it. Got myself in a proper flap yesterday but need not have worried.

Did 50lb on the nose and definitely not last place so I've decided to turn pro.

Started on the feeder, straight into a swamp monster, then his brother, then his cousin all in the space of 20 mins.

Caught a decent F1 every other chuck or so for the next hour, then they all went for a siesta.

Went on the pole to reap the rewards of my short line feeding but they weren't playing. Stubbornly soldiered on wasting a further hour but to no avail. Back on the feeder in another spot and started to catch again almost immediately so lesson learned.

Steady away until an hour before the end when they just refused to bite once more.

All in all, a very happy bunny having learned a few things for next time.

Thanks to everyone for the morale boost yesterday, can't wait to enter my next one asap.

Hugs all round,

Mangers

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Well done @Mangers - :upthumb:You are hooked now and will want to fish your next match asap. :) Just think you will be going in to your next match with no pre-match jitters and will enjoy it even more.

JLK

Yes mate , course you can. Just no bait in the water before the all in :)
Don't you have to chuck a bomb out to set your distance/clip or do they allow you to use a feeder?
Id have thought that using a feeder to set the clip/distance was against the rules before the match started.

Mangers

Keen as Mustard
Site Supporter
Don't you have to chuck a bomb out to set your distance/clip or do they allow you to use a feeder?
Id have thought that using a feeder to set the clip/distance was against the rules before the match started.
I used a bomb just to be safe, couldn't find anything in the rules either way to be honest

JLK

Sorry I posted that without getting to the end of the post. Didn't realise you'd already fished the match. ?

Total

Site Supporter
Thanks, very pleased with it, said I didn't care if I came last, but obviously I did really. I still started at the bottom of the scoresheet and worked my way up

Always remember in any match.....'Enjoyment' is the most important part of your day....Results will always even themselves out....Best of luck for your future endeavours...(y)

davej1981

Sounds like you had a great day and thats given you a confidence boost! Well done and its great you’ve learned