First Ever Match

Mangers

Keen as Mustard
Site Supporter
Hello all, I've got my first ever match tomorrow on Bonsai at Lindholme Lakes. I've read through Neal's Blog which has been a massive help and many thanks for his insights.

I've got the new starter jitters and have sweaty palm syndrome over seemingly silly things like putting keepnets out properly and what I'm allowed/not allowed to do whilst setting up, plumbing up etc?

Does anyone who enters Lindholme open's regularly have any pearls of wisdom for me please? I'm not after a care worker for the day but if anyone else is going and doesn't mind meeting me for a chat early doors whilst grazing on a bacon butty, it'd be very much appreciated.

I'll be the scared one pacing up & down the car park hyper-ventilating into a paper bag!

Ta muchly

Mangers

davej1981

Cant give you any specific venue advice but just enjoy it, fish to your strengths and ask questions after if no one can help before . All about learning for next time! Match results may help and theres alot of videos on youtube filmed there

Mangers

Keen as Mustard
Site Supporter
Cant give you any specific venue advice but just enjoy it, fish to your strengths and ask questions after if no one can help before . All about learning for next time! Match results may help and theres alot of videos on youtube filmed there
Thanks Dave, that's the plan, watched all the YouTube vids over the last week, went for a practice on Tuesday and had a great day despite Hurricane Lindholme blowing through so already have a game plan. I'm just hoping to do the same again but under match conditions its the fear of the unknown I suppose

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Here you go mate....they need to be laid out & dried. Put them in 15 minutes before the start. Have a read through the other rules though.

Bagger j 1411

Eyup mate. I've literally just arrived home from lindholme, I would have been fishing it too but something came up.

You will have plenty of time to set up mate as draw is done tonight, do you know what peg your on??

Take your time and get your tackle into positions that are comfortable for you, so you dont have to move to much to get anything to you need.

Margins, short pole, bomb and pellet, shallow pellet or caster, method feeder all work well mate.

Look at it as a days pleasure fishing except put what you catch in the keep nets. Have a good look at the rule board in the morning mate, if you are unsure just ask, lads will help you out ;)

Mangers

Keen as Mustard
Site Supporter
Eyup mate. I've literally just arrived home from lindholme, I would have been fishing it too but something came up.

You will have plenty of time to set up mate as draw is done tonight, do you know what peg your on??

Take your time and get your tackle into positions that are comfortable for you, so you dont have to move to much to get anything to you need.

Margins, short pole, bomb and pellet, shallow pellet or caster, method feeder all work well mate.

Look at it as a days pleasure fishing except put what you catch in the keep nets. Have a good look at the rule board in the morning mate, if you are unsure just ask, lads will help you out ;)
Thanks mate, can I plumb up and set my feeder clip whilst setting up my kit?

Steve88

Thanks Steve, hopefully first of many for us both then
Hopefully so, already got my second booked in. Something about matches (sounds daft only fished the one), but I know I'm a long way off skill wise of being in the top 3 but I just want to go and improve and I think a lot is to be learnt from fishing against and watching anglers better than myself