First Days Fishing Of Spring..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

And I blanked at my local commercial fishery! I got a couple bites but nothing major, apparently it's fishing not bad for this time of year too! What approach do you think I should use as I'm going back tomorrow to give it another go. I use the pole and like to fish in the margins as much as I can really. What bait/feed do you think I should go for to bring the fish in?

Thanks.

gloves007uk

BROWNING
use sweetcorn and if your feeding margins go for little but often method
just keep topping up and try not to plunder it stright away then go over it towards the end of the session
i always finds this works its a nice big visible bait and the little but often method dosnt over feed the fish and it keeps them there for longer looking for your bait

at least you got out i havnt been out once yet this year gagging to get out and start pulling fish out and sack up in a match lol[:D]

Last edited:

svenc

London Blanker NOT
I would have thought with this warm weather the fish may be getting ready for spawning so may be a little quiet. My first trip out for a while is going to be wednesday or thursday.

Brute1981

I struggled yesterday on my local club water, Carp were showing all over the place when I arrived and I was almost shaking with excitement whilst setting up.

I'd had a few out Easter weekend when it was colder so I was certain of having a good day but for some reason the Carp weren't interested, fishing can drive you barmy sometimes.

Caught a few Bream on the tip (corn) just to pass the time and keep the run going, it's 36 trips and 336 days since I last blanked!

Last edited:

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Hemp!!! get some of this into your margin swim with your meat to keep the fish rooting around.

fish finder

callum
Originally posted by Godber

Hemp!!! get some of this into your margin swim with your meat to keep the fish rooting around.
yes this is a very effective way.

you could try paste fishing as well.

Rolo

I've heard Micro pellets are great feed for this time of year?

getfishing

Pete
for feeding in the margins I normally use a mix of everything. Some 4mm pellets, some hemp, some sweetcorn, some larger pellets in varying sizes, some extra sugar, some extra salt and some spices like chili powder. That will give you a few options for what to put on the hook. I normally fish it with a light leger and 2 pieces of pop up sweetcorn tipped with a sweetcorn hair stop but you can fish it just as easily with a pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.