First day on the bank

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
For three months, actually, first day passed the front door for three months! Anyway, off to a small, secluded, day ticket water in the middle of nowhere about ten miles away, yes, it is the nearest one! Nothing more than a float rod, net and a pint of reds saw me on the bank at 06:00 to be greeted by loads of geese, a few mallards and the owners Scottie. Only one other angler there so tucked myself into a secluded corner and lobbed a float in. Almost instantly a long, lean, common of 15.06 was in the net. Second chuck, a 3.5 perch! This is going to be a good day!

I packed up at lunchtime as usual, having had a fish a Chuck! There was everything from loads of skimmers and small roach, all about 12oz, three bream to 6.5, and several more commons between 9.00 and 14.5. I had to keep the bait out of the water just to have coffee!

As first days go, that was a good’un in my book, roll on tomorrow!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Sounds like a nice mixed fishery! That would be a couple of PBs for me as my best Perch is about 2.5 and best Bream about 6.

sampower

Wow 3.5 perch and 6lb bream. That’s some venue. Please disclose location, I think I need to go! ?

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
For three months, actually, first day passed the front door for three months! Anyway, off to a small, secluded, day ticket water in the middle of nowhere about ten miles away, yes, it is the nearest one! Nothing more than a float rod, net and a pint of reds saw me on the bank at 06:00 to be greeted by loads of geese, a few mallards and the owners Scottie. Only one other angler there so tucked myself into a secluded corner and lobbed a float in. Almost instantly a long, lean, common of 15.06 was in the net. Second chuck, a 3.5 perch! This is going to be a good day!

I packed up at lunchtime as usual, having had a fish a Chuck! There was everything from loads of skimmers and small roach, all about 12oz, three bream to 6.5, and several more commons between 9.00 and 14.5. I had to keep the bait out of the water just to have coffee!

As first days go, that was a good’un in my book, roll on tomorrow!
Are you sure you had woken up that sounds like a dream. Was Linda Lusardi putting the bait on for you ;)

Wow you won’t forget that session congratulations(y)(y)

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
No dream mate, it was all real! Shame about Linda Lucardi though! Anybody know a little place just outside Totnes?