First Barbel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apache

Not for me, as fate would have it, because I hooked into an estimated 8-lber, only to have the hook pull when it dived into some water cabbages at my feet. Talk about gutted! [:(][:(]

Congratulations to my father Phil, as I suspect he will be reading these forums tonight, on landing a 5lb 14oz barbel yesterday evening, which made a bad day suddenly worth it.

Well Done Dad![:D][:D][:D][:)][8D][;)]

Tight Lines,

Datafile4.jpg
DataFile.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
yeah well done dad [;)] (great feeling ain't it)[:D]

Pache me ol china, hang in there pal cos i did & it finally paid off (took 20+ years mind you but it was worth it)

Alan
Datafile3.asp

Apache

yeah, I wasnt expecting it at all because I am used to seeing big (5-7lb) chub in the swim, then the rod just went off like a submarine.

Tight Lines,

Datafile4.asp

DataFile.asp

Polepot

Poles
Hard luck Matt but congrats to your dad. Keep trying and I'm sure that Barbel will eventually come, and I'm sure it will be quicker than the Trogg.

Poles

wales.gif
Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners
fish.gif

snakey

PAA COACH
know how you feel matt. been 3 times this season with a mate of mine who last season had 12 barbel, he caught one on our third trip 10lb 11oz. me? well i`m still waiting for my first. the only advice I can give you is to put in the hours and i`m sure our day will come.

Datafile2.asp

SNAKEY`S NOT PLAYING GOLF YET

ken age 63

' Gin & Tonic '
bad luck Matt,but its given you the flavour,so it wont be long before you post us the picture,nice one dad,

A river is water in its loveliest form ;;

Lid

Bad luck Matt, but you'll get one in the end. I caught my first barbel when I was taking a break and eating my sandwiches!! Congrats to your dad. Was that his first?

Lid [:)]

Last edited:

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Congrats to your dad Apache, as trogglidite said your time will come... Keep at it ....it took me near 20+ years also...didnt catch one last night but caught a few chub in the rain...

Cheers

MOOKSTER...[:D][:D][:D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one Matt's dad and as the rest say Matt - keep at it because one day you'll bank one [:)]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Apache

my dad read these and asked me to post his thanx up here on his behalf. lid, yes it was his first

Tight Lines,

Datafile4.asp

DataFile.asp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.