Fireworks

Arch

Site Supporter
......And here. One went of earlier before it was even dark. :unsure:

62tucker

Site Supporter
Funny my dog never flinches when they go off.
daughters dog goes mental

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Luckily my two Springadors are gun dogs. If they hear a bang they go into pick up mode. I feel sorry for the dogs that these bangs and crackles it scares. It must be terrifying. Turn the TV up I guess ?

Steadyeddie 1

Site Supporter
Thanks Mick, we believe she is a Lurcher cross Saluki, she came from a rescue kennels about 3 years ago, and she will be about 6 now.

Nicky Dodds

Carjacker wont even walk the canal at pollington if he can hear the gun club in the distance.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
They don't bother Winston at all, in fact not a lot does. We were standing near the stage when the fog horn at Fishomania went off and he didn't flinch, just looked round.

cjsid

Had them here from 4pm till 2am every hour on the hour , think they were celebrating every time zone , having said that the biggie at 12 was only very mild compared to last year

Arch

Site Supporter
Thanks Mick, we believe she is a Lurcher cross Saluki, she came from a rescue kennels about 3 years ago, and she will be about 6 now.

As Mick says, she lovely.

I'd say there's Bedlington or Deerhound in the mix as well. She's very hairy for a Saluki X. It's normally just the ears and tail that has the feathering. How tall is she ??

This old lad was a Saluki X
DSC_0011.JPG

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I think with Albert it’s a protective thing, he goes berserk if we are downstairs and they go off, but last night we were in bed and he was quiet, but if he hears one when we are our out he pulls to get home, strange.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Normally when dogs bark at fireworks it's because it's a loud noise they don't understand and if they can't fathom it out they can become scared. If he's in your room to him it's a safe place so nothing for him to worry about

Chervil

Site Supporter
Fireworks are old hat, drones are the way forward. First time I watched some of them, I thought they were computer generated.