Fir Trees, Appley Bridge, Lancs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Raven

Going to have a crack on Saturday. Anyone any advice regarding bait, pond and other tactics?

Cheers.

mike6n

I'd phone up 1st, at this time of year theres usually a coulple of matches on saturdays! Apart from that it's generaly down to what your after!

Small fish go on bensons creek or nooky hollow, loads of small carp, chub and barbel in nooky hollow, bensons is full of small bream, roach small carp and barbel!

Match lake is better later on in the afternoon or very early morning!

The Raven

Not a fan of small bream so Nooky Hollow / Match Lake it is! Any idea what is in the Match Lake? I have heard Caster is the bait to use, any ideas?

fredradac

Site Supporter
If you can get on Nooky Hollow peg 13 you will catch loads of fish - even I did. Fish tight across, only about 9 metres, or by the reeds to your right. When I was last there about 3 weeks ago maggot was as good as anything.

The Raven

Thanks for the information fredradac, I might well give peg 13 a go (I have done OK on peg 13's before!)

Big Mik

you can fish nooky by your feet, don't follow everyone across, barbel usally on the pegs near the bridge, meat works fine.

Paste is good, and the fish are not put off by rain in this one.

Bensons is a move around, you have to keep finding them, far out in the the middle or at your feet, keep trying.... but they tend to be small, and not as fast as nooky.

Match lake tackle up, theres some lumps in there, everyone has different opinions on which pegs fish but usually the 20's fish well...... and they don't look like they would!

PS their pellets work well at other local fisheries!

The Raven

Cheers Big Mik (and others) I've lots to go on here. Can't wait for Saturday :)

owddrynet

ring up and book a peg in advance. Owner will put a sign on it 'reserved'.
Weekends can be a nightmare as it gets loads of anglers on and plenty of them pre-book.

breamcatcher

15/07/06 -016/02/14
In Memoriam
Was on Nooky on Tuesday as a sort of tonic after our ROSES match,its a fish a chuck really,and a bit boring after a while to be fair, its that easy.[:D]
Was trying all baits for a bit of fun,worm, meat, pellet, maggs, corn,all work well.
Its the presentation that matters,either tight to the island or tight to the edge,but chopped worm seemed to bring on the barbel which fight like demons.
In all fairness,any bait seemed to be working.
Good advice on booking a peg though,it gets manic at weekends.
13 14 15 seem to be the pegs,although everyone was catching on a variety of baits.

Last edited:

Big Mik

i would book, specially if you have to travel. it does get busy.
wind should be nice for Saturday, might scrounge a day pass my self off the Mrs! (i WIsh)

Status
Not open for further replies.