fir tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenchmaster7

Went fir tree on monday and arrived at 10am in the mick rain.Started on speci lake and only had a couple of 4lb carp in an hour and a half so a move was made.

Then on to the match lake and alternating between a margin swim and the island on the pole.Had about 15 carp from 2-6 pound,10 barbel from 1-2.5 pound, 15 crucian from 8oz-1 pound,a couple of golden tench a pound each as well as a few "bits" for around 50lb+ of fish in 5 hours.

Also lost a few carp that i suspect were foul hooked.All fish came on either corn, meat or magot feeding 3mm hard pellet every put-in.

I havent had much succes on the specimen lake though and have been there 4 times with only small carp, crucian,tench and a 3 pound sturgeon to show for my efforts.Any tips for this lake?

owddrynet

He is a nice fella who owns the place, but he does tend to talk a bit of billy bullshot when on about his speci lake. There used to be reports of all kinds of massive fish in Angling Times each week, but one or two lads who i work with and fish the complex regularly say that they havent seen or heard of many actually coming out. Looking at the Speci lake as well gives the impression of a large garden pond, which i think it basically is. It was the first lake opened on the place and obviousely he saw the potential in opening a multi lake complex in the area. I would stick to the match lake as there are some good fish in there to be caught. It is also a well managed and i must admit a very good fishery.

tenchmaster7

He was on about a big ghostie that he caught last week- probably the same fish that jimmy bullard is holding on the photo at the gate.He was also boasting about double figure barbel- I mean how many of these can there be in such a small pond?

owddrynet

Double figure Barbel? from that tiny hole? I rest my case.
Any double figure Barbel in North West stillwaters would be well known, and if there was double figure Barbel in that Speci lake the Barbel Society would be screaming all over the press.

tenchmaster7

I was suprised when i caught a sturgeon there last year- I thought these were confined to beacon view

hebe

If you would like to see some of the big carp out of the specimen lake send me your email address and i will send them to you inc a 19lbs Ghost Carp caught by Jimmy Bullard the ex Wigan footballer

Status
Not open for further replies.