Finally lost my virginity last night....

Chervil

Site Supporter
and ordered something from eBay.

Browning Feeder Chair I have been after, it was out of stock everywhere. Bobco said it was discontinued and they wouldn't be getting anymore in. No idea why I have been avoiding eBay for so long. Although I will see when it turns up. I am assuming that many members on here use it. Any advice on choosing a good seller?

@Dave, sorry, realised I posted this in the wrong forum, could you move it please

Last edited:

Neskin

I go on there quite a bit for a little look. Havent bought anything second hand on there for years, i think if i was it would be something close by so i can go and have a butchers at it.

I buy terminal tackle from HLS products as they're good and cheap HLS Products Ltd | eBay Stores

Dusty

and ordered something from eBay.

Browning Feeder Chair I have been after, it was out of stock everywhere. Bobco said it was discontinued and they wouldn't be getting anymore in. No idea why I have been avoiding eBay for so long. Although I will see when it turns up. I am assuming that many members on here use it. Any advice on choosing a good seller?

@Dave, sorry, realised I posted this in the wrong forum, could you move it please

Use it all the time for both new and used things, never had an issue with any transactions.
Buy from reputable sellers and you will have no problem ?

feldri

Site Supporter
I buy quite a bit from ebay. I always look to see what feedback the seller has got and if it's less than 99.5% positive then I keep looking. Quite a few have got 100% feedback and I have no problem buying off them.

PAB

Site Supporter
only once had a problem when I won a auction and the seller refused to sell to me telling me he knew where I lived and would "Damage me" if I did not give up about it hence I now get every thing delivered to my local Argos.

johng19

me@home.com
only once had a problem when I won a auction and the seller refused to sell to me telling me he knew where I lived and would "Damage me" if I did not give up about it hence I now get every thing delivered to my local Argos.
Is the cost of delivery the same. Do they let you no when is there.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Is the cost of delivery the same. Do they let you no when is there.
Yes the cost is the same and they do let you know.As Feldri says,check the sellers feed back by clicking on the feedback number,that tells you how good,or bad they are.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
As Dusty says. Ive never had a problem. Use Paypal and you are safe enough I think. It does make me wonder when buying second hand whether it is stolen. I dont know how you get around that one. Saying that, its same for Facebook, Gumtree and preloved.

johng19

me@home.com
As Dusty says. Ive never had a problem. Use Paypal and you are safe enough I think. It does make me wonder when buying second hand whether it is stolen. I dont know how you get around that one. Saying that, its same for Facebook, Gumtree and preloved.
Wonder if it turned out to be stolen, and had to be returned will PayPal cover that.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Gumtree is Ebay, only without the costs for selling!

I use Ebay a lot, don't just go on the feedback score though always read the feed back..... a lot of dodgy sellers built up their excellent feedback score by selling "download" stuff and once they had a high enough score they start flogging other stuff and amazingly some of it goes missing.

I bought some boots from a "store" with excellent feedback and they never arrived, Ebay found in his favour so i rang them and expalined everything, the lass i spoke to did some checks, rang me back and told me she had reversed the decision and i had been refunded, the boots were delivered to a post office in Wolverhampton and it seems a lot of this guys stuff got delivered there so she was starting a full investigation into his trading history!

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’ve used eBay on a more or less daily basis for 16 years. My score is over 3400 and I’ve got 100% feedback. I both buy and sell on there. I’ve had 3 significant problems in 3400 transactions and have definitely had a much higher proportion of bad deals with non eBay purchases from places like Argos and Amazon. There is plenty of advice on the net regarding staying safe on eBay and as long as you are sensible it’s easy and trouble free.

davylad

Site Supporter
The only problem I ever had on ebay was as a seller. I sold a perfectly good camera lens, and two weeks after the sale, the bloke said it was faulty. Whether he'd dropped it or something I'm not sure, but it was resolved.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Well new chair arrived at 10:20 this morning Considering I only ordered it at 6:30 on Tuesday evening I'm impressed. Came with a footplate, which the Bobco one wouldn't have, for the same price.
Would use the seller again and not sure why I haven't used eBay before. I think it was because, in my mind, it was a place for dodgy second hand goods.
Now I've just got to source some more round inserts.
IMG_20190808_113627564.jpg

emmaemma

Site Supporter
should the legs on the footplate not be at the front of the footplate? you could stand on the front of the footplate and tip the whole seat up...

Chervil

Site Supporter
should the legs on the footplate not be at the front of the footplate? you could stand on the front of the footplate and tip the whole seat up...
Well spotted, l just put it together to make sure everything was there.