Finally got a holiday but not the result I needed.

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Well I finally managed to get away on a river cruise after it being cancelled in 2020 again in 2021 and again 3 weeks ago. We had a great time visiting Paris, Honfleur,Rouen, Vernon and others plus visiting the Somme and Normandy beaches. Brownie points galore as we could celebrate our 45th wedding Anniversary while there. 😁😁😁😁

Got home midday and we are both feeling rubbish and have both just tested positive for Covid19. I’m waiting for the NHS to ring me to see if I can get some antivirals as I’m immunosuppressed. 🀬🀬

Apparently she has taken all my Brownie points away again as well. 😑🀬🀬🀬🀬

Browner

Site Supporter
Just got over it myself. I found the first 3 days were rubbish then it seemed to level out and was more like a bad cold getting better each day.
Hope you get over it quickly.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
At least you enjoyed the holiday. Covid will pass πŸ‘ unfortunately the brownie points won’t. Chin up and try again

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I really don't believe your luck Dave, sounds like I made the right call, putting a couple of hundred miles between us. ;)
I'll give you a bell tomorrow. :upthumb:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Glad you had a great time and hope you are over the Covid soon without too much I’ll effect - take care.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Stepson and his wife came back from Benidorm last weekend with the same unwanted 'souvenir' :p
Third time they've caught it - twice testing positive after foreign holidays

Hope you've only got the mild version Dave

Simon

Godber

.Nobice and inventor of W@nkles
Site Supporter
Take it easy both of you, get well soon.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
There is still hope Dave, if you leave it long enough the Brownie points may return or at least half of them...

Take care and get well soon. (y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Brownie points are hard to gain but can be withdrawn without notice and reason .... it's in the small print

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Bad luck that Dave, I hope you both recover quickly. I've just tested negative, I must have been lucky because I was tired on day 1, a bit snotty on days 2 and 3 but no other symptoms.

Look after yourself and your good lady mate.