Films

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I do not watch live TV, relying on youtube, Netflix and Amazon Prime plus other download sites.

Just watched a brilliant film this evening, Green Book, one I consider well worth watching.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Think I’ve seen that one. Is it the piano player on tour. Eye opener

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Think I’ve seen that one. Is it the piano player on tour. Eye opener
Yes that's the one.

I watched the film Fisherman's Friends the other day, reminded me of when I saw the group sing on the beach some years ago

OldTaff

Site Supporter
In our house we’ve gone over to mostly a Netflix and Prime for our TV fix, dramatically reduced our Sky package too and that saved a lot of pennies which was grand.

Green Book was marvellous

H T B

Site Supporter
Watched peanut butter falcon on Netflix last night.
A really good film, fully recommend
(Dakota Johnson in it, 👀 )

commieboy257

I can recommend these films on Netflix:

1) In the heart of the sea - a whaling story that allegedly inspired Moby Dick
2) extraction - kidnap rescue jobbie set in India with Chris/Liam hemsworth - this guy should have been Jack Reacher in the films it's an absolute crash bang of an action film
3) slaughterhouse rulez - little known brit flick comedy horror with Simon Pegg (Hot Fuzz)
4) Hubie Halooween - Adam Sandler channeling the Waterboy - turns out a not bad film and you can spend the entire movie just star spotting.
5) Spenser confidential - neat little action job with Mark Wahlberg
6) Mile 22 - Mark Wahlberg again this time as american agents rescuing some soul - clever sting in the tail though and plenty of action
7) Crimson Peak (if still available) - Tom Hiddlestone in a very clever if slightly gory thriller/horror set in period times.

That should keep you busy for a while.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Looking forward to "Dune" next year, although I've heard its been dicked about with... major characters removed and one major character given a sex change... the book is fantastic and well worth a read... if you can get it on Audible (unabridged) its even better

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I watched “Only the Brave” again the other night. A true story about the Granite mountain hotshots. Brings a rear to your eye at the end. Remember to watch the end credits.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Watched The Gentlemen the other day on Prime. Guy Richie's latest and thoroughly enjoyed it.
If you enjoyed Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels along with Snatch it's worth a watch.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Anybody seen “cobra Kia” it’s a cheesy series but very good.
Basically it’s the karate kid but the next generation. All original cast from the original movies. Great sound track aswell

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I watch a lot on youtube at home but go round to my sisters for dinner when I can, nieces have been self isolating so it took until Saturday to finish watching The Long Goodbye, seen it a few times and think Elliot Gould is brilliant. Also agree on new films and special effects at the expense of story, or at least old films have a very mellow tone that send me to sleep easily. I can 'listen' to old films as much as watching them as bedtime films.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Watched The Gentlemen the other day on Prime. Guy Richie's latest and thoroughly enjoyed it.
If you enjoyed Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels along with Snatch it's worth a watch.
Watched it the other night & really enjoyed it. Typical Guy Ritchie stuff but the way he knits all the sub plots together is brilliant. Always has great characters in the films as well.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Watched one strange fillum late last night, well into insomniacs time

"Bunraku"

was no wiser at the end than I was at the start

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I’m not big on anime but watched Perfect Blue last year and that’s like a David Lynch version of anime, terrifying. Did go through a phase of watching old Japanese films at one point, not big on them anymore but there’s a few good ones like Ugetsu. Also for 'horror' films, a genre I think is as mixed as any in terms of quality, I liked a film called Images directed by Altman, same guy who directed The Long Goodbye.

I'm also a big fan of Nicolas Cage, see Birdy, Wild at Heart, or Red Rock West.