Field Farm Fishery

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Inspired by @Silverfisher recent sessions I had a 5 hour session at Field Farm fishery’s yesterday.
I was keen to try feeder fishing with pellets on the and this appeared to be a good location due to the sheer number of small carp at this venue.

I settled into peg 10 which had an island just a short Chuck away. The majority of my fishing was completed up to this island, with the odd Chuck into the margins as the day progressed.

I’m still waiting for the Preston method feeders to arrive so I ended up fishing a Preston pellet feeder filled with sonubaits sticky 2mm pellets with a hook bait of 6mm banded pellets, banded corn and the occasional hooked double maggot.

I had a really enjoyable session with bites coming throughout with around 20 small carp landed - typical size of around 1lb with the biggest only being about 2.5lb plus a handful of skimmers & roach. Bonus fish included my first ever ghost carp and a decent sized goldfish.

Gear used - 10ft Daiwa Ninja Feeder rod
Preston inertia 420 reel with 6lb main.
Medium 30g pellet feeder with a 7lb banded 3.5inch hook length.

it was also the first time I gave the new Preston feeder chair a go and I was really pleased with how much more efficient and comfortable it was to fish.

Special mention of Thanks to @chefster @Neil ofthe nene & @warrington63 for their help and advice on method/pellet feeder fishing.

All in all the most enjoyable session I’ve had since I’ve returned to angling. 👍

6E43D196-97FB-46A8-850F-ED9FA0CEB01F.jpeg 90A0E95F-2F5A-43A3-AF9F-2F64F99BDA08.jpeg 352379D9-90C9-4833-9495-9A74CF51448A.jpeg AC22B495-F519-4043-BD1A-48B3B15B00A5.jpeg E2E4300A-F8AC-496F-B6AD-A1674E6124A4.jpeg

Last edited:

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Well done mate, even an “Instant Win” Goldfish 😂nice little set-up there as well, I’m always glad to offer help when I can - but you have to take the credit- you caught the fish 👍👍all the best mate, Gazza

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Well done mate, even an “Instant Win” Goldfish 😂nice little set-up there as well, I’m always glad to offer help when I can - but you have to take the credit- you caught the fish 👍👍all the best mate, Gazza
Haha, I wasn’t fishing in my garden pond..honest 😂
Cheers bud, you too.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Glad you enjoyed it mate 👍🏻

Didn't even know they had peg numbers, today I was a couple to the left of where you were what ever peg that is. Was quite funny as everyone was fishing that bank as it looked freezing on the other side! Bailiff was like result I don't need to do a full lap 😂

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Glad you enjoyed it mate 👍🏻

Didn't even know they had peg numbers, today I was a couple to the left of where you were what ever peg that is. Was quite funny as everyone was fishing that bank as it looked freezing on the other side! Bailiff was like result I don't need to do a full lap 😂
I saw a number 10 near my peg so assumed that was my peg number..don’t know what else it would relate to

The other side is open to the wind, don’t think I’d fancy sitting there in the cold.

Haha the Bailiff was spot on tbf - the owner is a character too. Spent about 30 minutes just reeling off jokes to a group across the other side of the lake - I could hear every joke and punchline. 😂

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I saw a number 10 near my peg so assumed that was my peg number..don’t know what else it would relate to

The other side is open to the wind, don’t think I’d fancy sitting there in the cold.

Haha the Bailiff was spot on tbf - the owner is a character too. Spent about 30 minutes just reeling off jokes to a group across the other side of the lake - I could hear every joke and punchline. 😂
Ah a see, maybe there's some remnants of peg numbers left then. Never been match fished to my knowledge though. Indeed I sat on the other bank a couple weeks ago and it was rather nippy at times with these northerlys and easterlys. Be alright over there again when we finally get some more seasonally appropriate westerlys and southerlys!

And yeah the bailiff seems a nice bloke. He spent ages talking to grandad about the canal and Cherwell today, he'd been out scouting them this morning apparently. He must have been a fairly recent addition as never used to be one when it was day ticket as the owner would just come round then. Owner is certainly a character with a very distinct voice shall we say 😅 No idea what he does for a living but no way he bought his helocopter off the back of the lake 😂

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Ah a see, maybe there's some remnants of peg numbers left then. Never been match fished to my knowledge though. Indeed I sat on the other bank a couple weeks ago and it was rather nippy at times with these northerlys and easterlys. Be alright over there again when we finally get some more seasonally appropriate westerlys and southerlys!

And yeah the bailiff seems a nice bloke. He spent ages talking to grandad about the canal and Cherwell today, he'd been out scouting them this morning apparently. He must have been a fairly recent addition as never used to be one when it was day ticket as the owner would just come round then. Owner is certainly a character with a very distinct voice shall we say 😅 No idea what he does for a living but no way he bought his helocopter off the back of the lake 😂
Oh that’s his helicopter?! I saw it come into land and I wondered who’s it was.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
The Mrs loves that chair. Glad to hear you like it too (y)
It’s spot on pal - tbh after I saw yours and the Mrs recent write ups, I decided to take the plunge. I originally wanted the Maver chair but I just couldn’t find it in stock anywhere. The Preston chair is great as are the attachments. 👍

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Wow! So we did a good thing for once? Well I never... @Mrs Munch "we did something good for once darling!!"
Really glad you like it too... @Jimpanzee
She doesn't realise I am developing ironing board attachments as well as washing up bowls to fit. They should be a nice Christmas present for her?