Festivals

Fred Davis

spent the last week at stafford moor on the LPR festival albeit not in the best of health, luckily the lads chipped in and carried my gear to the peg and at the end of the match back to the lodge, a great bunch of fellers who without their help I could not have fished, I wined and dined at the local pubs with a few of my mates Colin Horwood who has moved down to devon being one of them, now Colin has been setting the place on fire winning and framing on virtually every match he enters so much so they call him drawbag, a lot has changed since I last fished stafford and although I won my section twice and was second on another day two last in section meant I was always just out of the main frame, but boy did I learn a lot and how the venue has changed, I think by the end of the week I have sorted it in my head although it took me a full week to find what was going on as one of my mates said fishing next to one of the lads who had it sorted on the method feeder the tip on his rod kept flying round while his didn't move, I tell you what getting an edge is extremely difficult, but the week opened up plenty of discussion and we think we have several methods on the pole sorted out as well as the method feeder edges that the winners were using, when Colin was smashing big 200lb weights virtually every day makes you realise the work he has put in to compete with the best, naturally he won the festival as well as framing in the sunday match not sure if he won it or was second, the thing is he is in the main producing from any peg, just goes to show practice makes perfect, on another note with weight limits imposed on keepnets I know Colin used 8 nets on one day just the physicallity of carrying that ammount of nets to the peg is quite a task, as I said if it wasn't for the lads i wouldn't have been able to fish, great week though, just ordered a rite weigh which is essentially for todayd fishing and takes the guesswork out of what you have in your net, anyone else done a festival this year and how did it go?

alanmac

Site Supporter
Nice place, Stafford Moor, fished a couple of winter festivals MFS, last there 2018/2019 as the new owners were making really good progress with the fishery and accommodation. Pleased you enjoyed your week, hope to be there again some time Soon.

matt

Site Supporter
Great to see that you’re still fishing the festivals Fred, Stafford Moor is a venue that I used to love fishing and I remember some great times on the old TF festivals with your good self and John Brennan.👍

Fred Davis

Hi Matt, yes we had some great times, I still havern't changed like to at least get my pools money back lol, and have been competing well in matches laterly winning my section at the packington somers met police teams of 4, however I have severe back pain at the mo could be a slipped a disc, in reallty need to get it checked out, when I am sitting on the box it's ok, if i try to turn or stand up I am in absolute agony this has been going on for two months so I suppose I should see a doctor , trouble is one day feels slightly better then next day just as bad as previously. Gone through loads of volterol, heat pads ect JB came 4th on this festival at the age of 78 unreal