Fernhill farm near banbury

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Anyone tried this Fishery? Seems to be a few fairly recent google reviews but there’s no website or Facebook page and postings on general Fishery websites are quite old. Sounds potentially quite a nice mixed Fishery.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Near Bloxham ? I have found it on google maps, there are some good pics of catches on there. Phone number 01295 720471
Has a 4.7 rating
Night fishing allowed by the look of it.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah that’s the one. From old reports it seems the pleasure lake has a good head of silvers. Might go over there Tuesday as not much of a detour to the canal if it’s no good.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Used to belong to Roger Nichols, fished it a lot many years ago, 3 lakes there, good mixed fishing carp, bream, tench, chub, massive perch, roach,etc....I don’t know if the Nichols family still own it since Roger died, the fishery is just as you get into Milcombe

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@chefster thanks for that sounds promising on the fishing front at least, nice bit of mixed fishing is just what I’m after.

Don’t suppose you know anything about college farm at Aynho as well? I’ve driven past it many times but it’s so randomly located I’ve never really thought of it as a serious venue.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
@chefster thanks for that sounds promising on the fishing front at least, nice bit of mixed fishing is just what I’m after.

Don’t suppose you know anything about college farm at Aynho as well? I’ve driven past it many times but it’s so randomly located I’ve never really thought of it as a serious venue.
Again , a venue I used to fish a lot, but not recently, was a good head of carp, chub, roach, skimmers, gudgeon, from what I remember was hit hard with them big scary crayfish, when I last looked there looked a bit unkempt to me, so don’t know how well it’s being managed

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Might be worth a look at some point then. Probably going to try fernhill on Tuesday if it’s back up and running.

Lukem1994

hi silverfish. college farm used to be a good mixed fishery but I think it got hit hard with otters as we had a club match there last year and only 2 people caught anything bigger than a Gudgeon out of 12 anglers. have you fished fernhill ? we've had a couple of matches on there and have struggled last match I fished I was 2nd with 9lbs of smalls but was wondering whether it fished better without match pressure

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
hi silverfish. college farm used to be a good mixed fishery but I think it got hit hard with otters as we had a club match there last year and only 2 people caught anything bigger than a Gudgeon out of 12 anglers. have you fished fernhill ? we've had a couple of matches on there and have struggled last match I fished I was 2nd with 9lbs of smalls but was wondering whether it fished better without match pressure

Yes mate, I had 3 sessions on it, 2 really good 1 pretty hard. Not sure if I'll go back next closed season or not as depends what else is available at the time but is certainly one of the better stillwaters around here it seems.

Lukem1994

not too many good non commercial Stillwaters left now imo within 30mins of me (chipping norton). one place you may want to have a visit to is lyneham gravel pit. used to be a big carp water but as with a lot of the fisheries round here had problems with predation. great for some nice bream and plenty of Rudd and roach