Fenlands around Wisbech Area

HazyHarris

Live part time in Emneth near Wisbech and obviously there's an abundance of waterways at my disposal so couldn't even think where to start. Do a bit of everything from pike to roach fishing, so was just wondering if anyone has any experience fishing over these ways and could point me in the right direction. Well creek in Outwell looks very promising, so any info on where there is free fishing and advice on what memberships are worth the money would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Hazy

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Ialso live close by but don't do much fishing in the Fens, though my cousin took me to an incredible spot last year for the day and we had an amazing days fishing. Ticket was something like £6-7 but it was well worth it. Had a good bag of Bream, Roach and some real big perch. Didn't do any piking but my cousins previous trip he managed to pluck out a very nice Zander and reckons theres some good pike down there too. I'll get in touch with him and update the post, He might have some more information to share also.

HazyHarris

Ialso live close by but don't do much fishing in the Fens, though my cousin took me to an incredible spot last year for the day and we had an amazing days fishing. Ticket was something like £6-7 but it was well worth it. Had a good bag of Bream, Roach and some real big perch. Didn't do any piking but my cousins previous trip he managed to pluck out a very nice Zander and reckons theres some good pike down there too. I'll get in touch with him and update the post, He might have some more information to share also.

Appreciate the reply mate, feel free to send me a message once you get a bit more info. I like the sound of that spot, the waggler fishing for silvers sounds amazing around these ways and I used to be really into my perch fishing so would be nice to get some fat stripeys again. I feel like the predator fishing within the fens is just a matter of covering as much of the water as possible from what I've heard.
Many thanks pal.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Did you get any more info on this place please,I'm in the fens and always looking for somewhere to throw out a dead bait whilst doing a bit of waggler fishing.

AdeR

Your spoilt for choice , as you say well creek is well worth a try and it holds a decent head of most fish , plenty of skimmers , roach, perch etc also some decent pike and Zander.
Also very close is the middle level at crooked chimney and Pingle bridge , the middle level has been fishing very well , some good nets of skimmers and bream , plenty of roach , rudd perch pike and zander .
A little further away you have the north level at tydd which is perhaps the best drain for quality pike , also has a good head of the normal species.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Did you get any more info on this place please,I'm in the fens and always looking for somewhere to throw out a dead bait whilst doing a bit of waggler fishing.

Hello mate, Sorry I didn't get back to you I had completely forgot to ask him in honesty.
Funnily enough, I'm interested in going back down there myself.
Just asked him, The place we went to is the 'Middle Level' in St Geermans around the pumping station.
Great fishing.
£7 a ticket.