Feltham & Twickenham PS

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Any members on here with details of venues ? Wanted to re join Cobham Court, but they've amalgamated with FTPS and their website is pretty scant, just listing one venue, but I know they have (or had) more.

Tincalan

Site Supporter
They lost the Sheepwalk lakes and have had fish health problems on Sivyers/Erics and Lyne lake. Sivyers/Erics had reopened but Lyne remained closed. They used to list the Sunbury backwater and a stretch of the Kennet but no sign of either on their website. Most waters seem to be ex Cobham Court...

alsur

Site Supporter
Got a couple of mates who are members, I think they still have the backwater of Thames at Sunbury. I used to be a member of cobham court in 70s Its changed a lot since then.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Got a couple of mates who are members, I think they still have the backwater of Thames at Sunbury. I used to be a member of cobham court in 70s Its changed a lot since then.
I was a member of CCAC for many years, good stretches of the Mole, trouble was access got restricted on some stretches, also it was not often it was spot on for fishing, low in the summer, over the banks often in winter. Just fancied joining again after 5 or 6 years, more time now, and fished Lyne Lake at Chertsey many years ago.

alsur

Site Supporter
I was a member of CCAC for many years, good stretches of the Mole, trouble was access got restricted on some stretches, also it was not often it was spot on for fishing, low in the summer, over the banks often in winter. Just fancied joining again after 5 or 6 years, more time now, and fished Lyne Lake at Chertsey many years ago.
I believe Feltham have done a lot of work on Lyne lake and it was fishing quite well before problems.

I lived in Cobham and did a lot of fishing on Mole in 60s and 70s had access to a private stretch between Mill and Downside Bridge as well as CCAC back then there were two clubs in Cobham CCAC only had river between Downside Bridge and Old A3 bridge, river quite different above and below weir halfway along stretch. Back then it was very good Chub and Dace river no Barbel then which I think are present now.