Feeling Old

Oldmech

Site Supporter
Wife and myself went down to York today and decided to get the park and ride into the City, got on this electric bus really impressed, no smoke etc and very quiet, we went all round town and ended up last on the bus so wanting to be off at Museum Gardens I asked the driver was that his last stop? No I don't go there but will drop you off at the monument and you will have to walk from there, oh ok. Decided to have a coffee and went to this big cafe to be met by a young lady who asked have you booked a table, no I said we only want a coffee well I'm sorry we have no room if you book a table now I might be able to fit you in before long, Eh no don't bother love plenty of coffee shops about. Next stop for me Banks music shop not been in for a year or two and wife went off shopping, looked at all the nice shiny guitars hung up no got plenty of them maybe a music book to give me some inspiration after finding nothing had chat with the young assistant and said any Shadows or similar instrumental books, no said he nothing as old as that mate, Oh ok.
Went for a stroll down the streets and was amazed at everybody dashing about with phones to their ears jabbering away mostly in foreign languages and oblivious of everything else, slow down to a gallop its Sunday came to mind, then met some young oriental ladies with paper masks on their faces like on the telly in China, oh well.
Further down came across several shop doorways with sleeping bags, coats etc with no occupants and looking as though a litter bin had been emptied in them what a bloody mess. Went into Sports Direct for a quick look and sit down as by now my arthritic knees and sciatica were killing me, along comes a young lady assistant and says are you ok, yes love just having a breather. Made my way back to Bettys Cafe where the wife had agreed to meet me but I was an hour early only to be met by the wife who was trying to ring me to say her back was bad and she was ready for home, we made our way back slowly to the bus stop and seemed to be getting in everybody's way because of our ailments. So back home in the sticks and filled my tablet box for the week and reflected on the day, never did like big towns or Cities but even less now, think I'll stick to fishing and stay away from the madness, maybe just got too old for it all.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Good job ya didnt come to Leeds mate ya might have been Robbed as well :(

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
It is not often I venture into any city. Probably Christmas shopping in Peterborough, Bedford or Northampton is as far as I go, and I'm always glad to be driving home.

One city though I did enjoy visiting was Perth, western Australia. Small city that is happy to be remote from the rest of the country. Free public transport and friendly people. A city that had the feel of a small town.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
In days of yore you would walk into a barber shop and sit down in the queue, now its `have you an appointment`. I want a
haircut not a bleedin` heart transplant.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
In days of yore you would walk into a barber shop and sit down in the queue, now its `have you an appointment`. I want a
haircut not a bleedin` heart transplant.

You need a heart transplant after you've been given the price of a hair cut these days.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Eight quid my local barber, opposite a pub car park that doesn`t mind you parking there.

62tucker

Site Supporter
The missis did mine once, never again. I had to have a number one all over to overcome the mess she made.
No 1 is long. I have a no 0 every week. Or sometimes called a No Guard. On head and face. No need to shave. Win win