Feeding Shallow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangrojack

hi guys well summer is nearly here and its shallow time.

i feed 6mm for the noise they make when they hit the water, but some of my mates think this is madness.

but ive never failed to catch feeding 6mm pellets

what size pellets do you guys feed?

cheers
Phil

MARTIN UNWIN

bagger bill
i always feed 4mm but if it works for you, dont fix whats not broken but if you are getting beat of your mates you need to change it

mangrojack

i dont get beat of my mates thats the thing i just think they are scared of change.

i probably win 3 out of every 5 when we go fishing together.

Thom

Phil the size of pelet i feed depends on distance at which i intend to fish and there has even been occasiona where i've fed dry micro pellets even though they only go 5 metres or so.

if you want to create a noise however i will always use 4mm

mangrojack

have you heard the plop 6mm pellets make they make me want to eat them lol

strat2

feed 6mm for carp from 3lb up but if u only want pasties feed 4mm . 8mm on the pellet wag

Benny

6mm at short range 8mm at long range . on the pole i would use 6mm what ever adn fish chop and change between a dark 6mm banded pellet and the same ones u are feeding.

i dont feed much micro feel they get to preoccupied on them on pole anythin from 4 to 6mm on the waggler 6mm to 12mm on hook.

mangrojack

well lim happy now i thought i was the only person in the world who fed 6mm pellets when fishing shallow lol

Thom

phil we'll have to have a wander down to woodlands and have a chuck with the pellet wagg's... or sessay if it works there [:)]

vwt4

As a previous person said dont fix what ain't broken,I have fished all throgh the winter and up to now, with a 10mm scb on the hook and 8mm halibut pellet cattied over them my smallest bag was 7 carp for a day session.
Now the weather is warming same method but three times as much catty bashing,is producing a nice mixed bag last weekend 17 carp to 10lb 6 bream to 5lb and 3 tench to 4lb, so your thoughts on pellets for me are spot on..

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
I always feed 6mm on the pole and if I can get away with it on the waggler.

I like these for many reasons, they can be thrown up to 11 meters and I don't have to bother with a catty, they make a good splash, some tend to hang for a second in the surface film so the pellets fall through the water at different speeds, I would normaly have a 6mm pellet on the hook and like the feed pellet to be the same, most feed 4mm and I like to be a bit different to all the sheep!

mangrojack

cheers guys, i never intended to change i mean i catch more than my mates shallow i just wanted to see what size pellets other people fed

Status
Not open for further replies.