Feeding Groundbait

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I love fishing a top 2 +1 and feeding a constant stream of bait, half a handfull every few seconds, on a commercial you often get into a rhythm with small fish and then every so often hit a lump. It is not usually a match winning method but will often get you in the frame and it is so enjoyable. My problem is, I find it most effective when I throw in a very small nugget of cloudy groundbait every minute or so but, most fishery rules state that groundbait can only be introduced via a feeder or pole cup. I once had a seperate pole set up with a cup and used this to feed over my float but the bailiff told me this was not allowed; very frustrating!:cry:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I used a set of 3 or 4 clip on cups of varying sizes to do this & that was about 15yrs ago so I’m sure they are available somewhere.

Tiny cups for bloodworm on the canal up to one that would take a golf ball sized offering of groundbait - very soft plastic too so no risk of damaging a skinny top section.

In fact these may have been them or an earlier incarnation: Maver Squeezee Pole Pots

Karl

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
The two venues I fish most regularly ban groundbait (one allows in feeder only, the other totally) so I have got used to fishing without groundbait. Micro pellets make an acceptable alternative.

But you should be able to throw sloppy groundbait at +1 distance. You may not think so but it is possible and something I do on the canal with liquidised bread.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
The two venues I fish most regularly ban groundbait (one allows in feeder only, the other totally) so I have got used to fishing without groundbait. Micro pellets make an acceptable alternative.

But you should be able to throw sloppy groundbait at +1 distance. You may not think so but it is possible and something I do on the canal with liquidised bread.
That was the problem Neil, rules stated cup or feeder only, throwing it in by hand was not allowed.

Blanks

Site Supporter
I used a set of 3 or 4 clip on cups of varying sizes to do this & that was about 15yrs ago so I’m sure they are available somewhere.

Tiny cups for bloodworm on the canal up to one that would take a golf ball sized offering of groundbait - very soft plastic too so no risk of damaging a skinny top section.

In fact these may have been them or an earlier incarnation: Maver Squeezee Pole Pots

Karl
Guru do them, I have full set. they are versatile with the clip on caps. (y)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter

He already said you’re not allowed to throw it 🤡

Total

Site Supporter
@chefster .....I have noted our Mr Ringer has been let loose on commercials again! :geek:....God help us all! :eyepop::help::giggle:

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter

Karl

Make your own for nothing. Use any cap or container from Fruit Shoot caps to aerosol tops.

FILE0037.JPG

IMG_20140626_110050.jpg