Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

fish4life96

Hi.
Can anybody help with my feeder I bought a couple last week but they seemed a bit heavy I was on 4lb line using a 20g feeder is that to heavy?
Also with the set up is it just like setting up a normal lead ledger weight with the ledger a shot to stop it from sliding down the line then your hook length and your hook or is it better to do a helicopter rig with it?

Thanks in Advance :)

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
There are a couple of ways of fishing a feeder. And IMHO 4lb line is too light for a 20g feeder, but then I am cautious.

You can set the feeder up as you describe. You can also set it up as a paternoster style. That is your mainline splits in two with the feeder on one length and the hook on the other. Normally you would start with the feeder on about a 12 inch link and the part for the hooklength slightly longer.

It can all depend what you are fishing for.

bream dream

up the Villa.
20~30g feeders i would recomend 6lb line down to a lighter hooklength (depending on what your after),as for rigs i always use the patternoster rig as tangles are few and far between and bites are alot stronger.

fish4life96

Originally posted by bream dream

20~30g feeders i would recomend 6lb line down to a lighter hooklength (depending on what your after),as for rigs i always use the patternoster rig as tangles are few and far between and bites are alot stronger.
so is the paternoster rig just like a helicopter rig but without the hook length attached to a swivel?

Status
Not open for further replies.