Feederlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Hi all -- Anyone use these feederlinks [?][?]...you know a swivel at one end rubber tubing and a snap swivel at the other !!!

As most people know l do alot of feeder fishing which l cant get enough of...[:D][:D]...right how do you use them [?] l put the link with a feeder on the swivel on first.....followed by a bead then a leger stop...then a small swivel with the hooklink....!!!

I feel l am doing something wrong somewhere along the line !! so l thought l would ask my mates here on mds there solution [^][^]..

Cheers all....Many thanks for your kind remarks about my new arrival in October ...Me and Sharron appreciate it....[^][^][^]

MOOKSTER....[:D][:D][:D][:D]

TINY

Tiny
I do the same as you me old pal except I dont have a leger stop in the system as the rubber bead before the mainline swivel acts as a shock stopper.Its quite a neat little rig.
The other way I use them is in a loop system so there is no need for lead shot or leger stops and only the link swivel on the feeder.
Happy fishing pal.

Andy.

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D]

Ta Andy me ol matey, as least l know l am doing something right with them...[^][^]...
They are used to stop tangles l think but with it swinging round when cast out...surely tangles will happen as it falls through the water..[?][?]......only used em twice so far...been ok....went chubbin yesterday for 2hrs...bites were non existent....except good ol Jack he bit well....< Frost>...[:D][:D]....toes like ice lollys.....

Cheers...

MOOKSTER....[:D][:D][:D]

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hiya Mookie,[:)] now that the congrats are out of the way its nice to see you've got your mind back on fishing![:D]

must admit i dont use the feeder links, cant see the point in them, just an un-necessary extra to cause problems,[:(] nothing worse than reeling in after an hour to see your rig tangled,[:(]

my rig for the river:- first thread 2 rubber float stops on the line, then either a link swivel or link bead for the feeder, then a soft rubber bead, then tie a diamond eye swivel, push the rubber bead over the eye of the swivel and the hook length to the other eye of the swivel, and thats it, the reason for the rubber float stops is if i'm getting quick bites i can slide the rubber stops down to just above the feeder and that gives you a semi bolt rig or (self hooking rig)
and any breakages the fish will not be tethered,[:)]

for short sessions i sometimes use a a link swivel instead of the diamond eye swivel so i can change hook lengths from say a maggot hook or hair rig and back again, by way of a loop on the hook length onto the link,[;)]

hope that makes sense,[:)][;)][:)]

teepee.

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Cheers Tony.....for the advice.....[:D][:D]

P.S TONY MATE.....NICE JOKE....JUST READ MY PM....LOL LOL..[:D][:D]

Last edited:

martin.

Account Locked
hi mookster
i dont do a great dealof feeder fishing but i always have couple of different size feedrlinks that you mention in my box in case its weedy i have a bit of polystirien glued round top of links so that they sit up in the water then ill use air injected worm or maggot on the hook. this is a good way to keep your bait out of weed
Forgot to mentio if you put 2or 3beads between feeder link & soft bead next to hookinkswivel it helps to reduce tangles by forming a type of boom
tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.