Feeder tips

Browner

Site Supporter
I don't even get that on the guru. Its literally about 8-10mm
I actually prefer the 2 rings worth of colour. 3 seems a bit over the top and I sometimes struggle with the 1 ring option in some light conditions. Still love the fact that are my feeder rods take the same tips and the options on taper, material and weighting is great.

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
I actually prefer the 2 rings worth of colour. 3 seems a bit over the top and I sometimes struggle with the 1 ring option in some light conditions. Still love the fact that are my feeder rods take the same tips and the options on taper, material and weighting is great.
I ordered a roll of tape from ebay 2" wide. That will be plenty for me. Top 3 rings I would find excessive too.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Luckily I don't have to pimp my feeder tips with pink, Shimano tips are good as they come , they are on my Speedcast anyway .

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Luckily I don't have to pimp my feeder tips with pink, Shimano tips are good as they come , they are on my Speedcast anyway .
Your mortal paws will never understand what it is to use a tool of the gods!

I think my tablets are kicking in.... 🤪🤯

Truly

Site Supporter
I’ve noticed that Drennan have slowly reduced the amount of colour on their tips. The started painting 3 rings worth of tip, then it went to 2 rings worth and the most recent seem to be only 1 rings worth. Maybe a cost cutting exercise or maybe just practically.
I have just bought an Acolyte 11' and the colour on all three tips is very small. I shall need to enhance it. Perhaps use the fluorescent tape, if I can get the right stuff?
I use fluorescent adhesive tape, better than paint and can easily be removed or a change of colour.
Have you got a link to the tape you have found suitable please? @DFL

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
I have just bought an Acolyte 11' and the colour on all three tips is very small. I shall need to enhance it. Perhaps use the fluorescent tape, if I can get the right stuff?

Should all buy one colour each then post lengths to each other 🤣

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I wonder if it’s the advent of method feeder fishing and alarms which has led to the reduction of tip colour?

On the method bites are normally wrap amount and unmissable whilst an alarm removes the need for visible tip indication completely,

DFL

Site Supporter

Sorry I haven’t. It was an off cut of a vinyl used for sign writing, trade name Fascal

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Give your head a wobble Nat, a mere half my age, and it's not a grey hair, It's Platinum Blonde. 😂🤣
Give my head a wobble? Are you serious? That will probably expose even more G̶r̶e̶y̶ platinum blonde hair! 😱😄

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Its a fashion thing in the UK now to have shorter coloured sections on match feeder rods.
One of the best quiver tips of all time from years ago the Daiwa Tommy Pickering had about 5mm of red and 5mm of white which was perfectly visible.
If you want a much longer coloured section try the tops for Avon type rods or most of the Browning quivers have longer coloured tips.

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Its a fashion thing in the UK now to have shorter coloured sections on match feeder rods.
One of the best quiver tips of all time from years ago the Daiwa Tommy Pickering had about 5mm of red and 5mm of white which was perfectly visible.
If you want a much longer coloured section try the tops for Avon type rods or most of the Browning quivers have longer coloured tips.
Or neon nail varnish 😁

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have a 7ft Browning F1 Picker and the tips really stand out.................

Browning tip.jpg