Feeder Rods

Craig1962

Im looking to treat myself to a new feeder rod and ive been looking at the

Shimano Aernos AX Feeder Rod 11ft as ive already got a 10ft but ive also been looking at a​

Shimano Aernos Multi Feeder Rod 9/11. Ive never been keen on things that do more than one principle because I think that they lose a bit of quality.Has anyone used the multi rod? and what do you think? Im between rods at the moment you might say ;)

Thanks in Advance everyone

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I have a Shimano Beast Master 9'-11' and a Drennan Puddle Chucker 9'6"-11'. Can't fault either for Commy fishing.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Like Crackatoa I too have a couple of Shimano 9 - 11 beastmasters. They are as good at 9 as they are at 11. There’s no problem at all with them Craig. Beautiful rods. They make a lovely Skimmer & Bream rod. Not as strong as their name suggests. Quite forgiving actually.

grey

Site Supporter
I didn't know there was a 9/11, nor even a 10ft feeder! There wasn't in the original range... a welcome addition as I prefer their stiffer and crisper action to the Beastmaster's thru' action.

Shimano are the masters of the 9/11 configuration, I don't doubt the Aernos multi is a great piece of kit too.

Of course there is a little compromise when designing a multi length rod, and because of this don't expect the same action with the multi length in its 11ft guise as the sole 11ft version; it's not necessarily a worse or better action, just different. The same is true for the 9ft winkle picker but the difference is even more exaggerated.

Generally, an 11ft multi will have a little heavier action than just the 11ft rod - without looking at the figures, I'm guessing 70g casting weight to 60g (?)

Worth bearing in mind the difference as it can work for you or against you.

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
Another thumbs up for the Beastmaster 9/11 ive been useing mine for bream fishing until one day last week i had a short 3hr session with the 9ft on my local commie catching F1s on the method, all fish were in 3-4lb bracket and the rod handled them superbly. (y)