feeder rods

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganderhead

good morning,

im going to purchase a new feeder rod.

planned usage is barbel fishing in the rhine (rijn) and as well fishing in canals which almost have no current.

therefore i am looking for a rod which can be used on a variety of conditions with a focus on river fishing.
casting weights up to approximately 200 gramms should be possible.. and in turn rod should be able to handle lighter weights as well.

which models would you recommend?

maybe they are known in uk:
do the bert van gerven/ jan van schendel titan-feeders match with my requirements?

what is the difference betweeen those rods?

any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance

BR
marc

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Hi and welcome to MD. Unfortunatly the rods you mentioned are unknown in the UK. It seems to me that with the information you supplied that no one rod would meet your needs.

As to the rhine I suggest looking at the Diawa porky pig range. For the canal what species would you be lookin to catch.

The more info. you supply the more help will be forth coming. John

chill out go fishing

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
From that I would suggest you need a heavy feeder rod 12/13 foot for the Rhine, As previously suggested something along the lines of a porky pig, most makes have one in their range. Again 3 push in quiver tips a requirement.

As to the canal a lighter feeder/quivertip rod would be best perhaps a twin tip model, quiver tip top and normal top about 11/12 foot. Again quite a few makers have these in their range. Diawa has one in its Sensor range as do Leeda.

chill out go fishing

darryl

the shimano tecnium feeder rods have three quiver tips for each rod but you can buy extra so it is possible to have tips ranging from 5oz down

work`s for them who can`t fish

Beebs

Shimano also do a Solstace feeder rod (which is cheaper than the technium) each with 3 tips in Light, Medium, Heavy and Extra Heavy. The light (3/4, 1 & 2oz tips)may be too fine for barbel but is great for tench, but may need a bit heavier for bigger tench. The xtra heavy (3,4 & 5oz tips) is probably too heavy. I'd be tempted to go for either the medium or heavy. Medium comes with 1, 2 & 3oz tips, Heavy comes with 2,3 & 4 oz tips

bmurphy

The Shimano Technium - 12/14 I find quite versatile. When fished at 14ft with the 4oz carbon tip for rivers i,e Trent, it does seem a little cumbersome, but when a fish such as a barbel is hooked it comes in to its own; especially when dealing with the last seconed runs at your feet. Then on the other hand when fished at 12ft with the 2oz glass tip (and braid) its quite adequate for your bream/tench needs. With having the 2ft extension its also handy when you need those few extra meters to reach your featured target.
Good vesatile rod, with the necessary strings to its bow !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.