Feeder Rod Advice

Craig1962

Hi All
I'm looking for a 11ft feeder rod and I'm undecided between two and since I'm a relative newbie to fishing I thought id ask everyone's advice. The two rods I am looking at are the New Shimano Forcemaster BX11CFL 11ft Rod and the Shimano Aero X1 Precision Feeder Rod. It would only be used occasionally as I probably wouldn't need it on the commercials I tend to fish but wanted to add one to my kit incase. Also on the Shimano Forcemaster BX11CFL it says 15g casting weight. Is this not a bit light or is that normal, Id really appreciate any input and advice anyone can give,
Thanks in advance

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
15g for an 11ft feeder rod does seem light to me. My 10ft feeder chucks a 2oz method with ease.

scuttster

Site Supporter
From the code you are saying for the Forcemaster and looking at the Shimano webpage for the rods (Clicky) I would say the BX11CFL is actually the float version hence the 15g casting weight. The website describes it as a 2 piece rod. From what I can tell the feeder version is the BX11CFDR and is described as a 2 piece rod + 2 tips and a casting weight of 70g.

Out of the two having never seen or used them I cannot say which I would go for but worth double checking on the code of the rod before buying and then having the hassle of returning.

scuttster

Site Supporter
If it is Go Outdoor's website you are looking at then they have made an error with one of their listings.

The show 2 items for the Forcemaster BX11CFL one showing the correct float rod image and with the correct description and also with the same model number and description a listing with the feeder rod image. They are both priced differently. So for definite piece of mind if you do want to go for it I would see if you local store is showing them instock (both have different go outdoors product codes) and physically look it yourself.

Craig1962

Thank you so much for the code bit of advice
Could have saved me from making a big mistake thank you. But im still undecided between both of the feeder rods Anyone used them
Thanks