Feeder rigs

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The only thing I need to change at the end is the feeder or go to a bomb.
The hook lengths can be changed to suit the length you want to fish and you also have them baited ready to go.

rudd

Site Supporter
Had a good days fishing today on a club lake, some good roach and a couple of carp.

I started by fishing a free running cage feeder with a twizzled boom but was still getting the odd tangle, re set up with some rig tube below the feeder which seemed to do the trick in regards to stopping tangles.

What do you guys like to do? I’ve tried the method but unsure if it’s purely for carp?
Method can be used for most species - depends on groundbait/hookbait.
Would not recommend for Perch/Eels as they may suck a 3 or 4 inch hooklength deep!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@robert d sorry for delayed response but yeah essentially I prefer booms as you can change the feeder or lead more easily and I thinks there’s a bit less resistance initially with the fish picking up the boom before the feeder/lead. Never have problems with them tangling unless I wind in too quickly and they don’t tangle on the drop provided the hooklength isn’t super short or the weight super heavy.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
@robert d sorry for delayed response but yeah essentially I prefer booms as you can change the feeder or lead more easily and I thinks there’s a bit less resistance initially with the fish picking up the boom before the feeder/lead. Never have problems with them tangling unless I wind in too quickly and they don’t tangle on the drop provided the hooklength isn’t super short or the weight super heavy.
Thanks Silver

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Having used various feeder rigs in the past I just stick to inline feeders now. There are plenty of interchangeable inline feeders now. I like the preston ICS system but the Guru ones are pretty good too. I’ve caught all sorts on the method and though it was developed for carp it works for pretty much anything. You can try leaving the hookbait outside the feeder if you are not having much success with it buried. It’s just like any other feeder then, a way of getting some feed close to the hookbait.

Reuben

Site Supporter
Account Locked
I like to keep things simple. The loop rig with a feeder attached via a link swivel allows me to change feeders or a leads without any faff at all. My go to method.

Reuben

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Agreed Lee. Only if allowed, otherwise a running rig.