Feeder reels

Zerkalo

When I get a feeder rod (probably a Sphere) for Bream fishing I will be thinking about a reel to go with it.

Not casting too far I don't think, maybe 50 yards. I have a 3012 TDR I would consider using with it. But I'm thinking about buying another reel.

Are feeder reels necessary for those sort of distances and would be advantageous over the TDR?

And are there any reels I should be looking at in the £100 sort of price range?

Cheers

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Can’t recommend anything in that price range as I don’t spend that much on reels but a I can hit those sort of distances relatively easily with a the Drennan 7 series feeder which is a 4000 size so that’s the sort of size I’d be looking at if I were you.

Zerkalo

Cheers. I like the Series 7 Float reel I've got so it's a possibility but I think I'm looking to spend a bit more. Not too much though as will probably only be using for Bream fishing maybe 2 or 3 months of the year.

DomCrtr1975

An Idiot looking for his Village!
I have the Korum Feeder reel; it's excellent whilst this is discounted the replacement line is the Korum Axis, so this might be worth a look (i believe for all intensive purposes) these are Preston Innovations reels.

Zerkalo

Like the look of those and in my price range thanks!

The more I look at the Castizm reels though the more I think I might try and stretch to those. Just got to get the rod bought first and see how much money I have left.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Preston extremity in the 620 size, but I do like big reels, have a look at the 520 if you like reels a tad smaller

DomCrtr1975

An Idiot looking for his Village!
I have the Korum Feeder reel; it's excellent whilst this is discounted the replacement line is the Korum Axis, so this might be worth a look (i believe for all intensive purposes) these are Preston Innovations reels.

I obviously meant discontinued, bl**dy Scrumpy Cider!

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
if you really want a Cast'izm ill probably let mine go for £150.

Tis used and the handle grip a bit scuffed but otherwise in great nick and still showroom smooth (y)

Its the proper Magsealed Cast'izm not the feeder variant.

Zerkalo

if you really want a Cast'izm ill probably let mine go for £150.

Tis used and the handle grip a bit scuffed but otherwise in great nick and still showroom smooth (y)

Its the proper Magsealed Cast'izm not the feeder variant.

Cheers. Will wait until I buy the rod later in the month first and think about it. (y)

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Cheers. Will wait until I buy the rod later in the month first and think about it. (y)

If ya want we can go fishing for a day if ya got somewhere day ticket? Can attach it to your rod and play with it for the day, see what ya think.

Zerkalo

If ya want we can go fishing for a day if ya got somewhere day ticket? Can attach it to your rod and play with it for the day, see what ya think.

Sounds good mate, are you Notts way? Isn't too far, maybe you fancy coming to Patshull Park in August lol? (y):)