Feeder line

alsur

Site Supporter
I had no end of problems with sensor when I tried using it, curling and kinking and all sorts, I think essentially it’s too thick and stiff for it’s BS. Hyper sensor seems a lot better though. It’s certainly more supple and thinner for its BS. I’m currently giving it a bit of a run as my main feeder line. Well I say currently in reality the fishing as been good enough this year that I haven’t had to resort to the feeder much but on the odd occasion I have it’s seemed pretty good. It’ll certainly get more of a run out over the coming months when you don’t really want your hands out of your pockets for float fishing 🥶
Can't agree I switch to sensor from maxima years ago and haven't regretted it and never have those problems, I do use hyper sensor for waggler fishing because I prefer lower diameter. I use 6lb sensor for most of my feeder fishing if not that 8lb tournament st.

stikflote

Site Supporter
I use Sensor on all my reels in 6lb or 8lb feeder or float never had any trouble with it

D

Deleted member 24902

I use either Sensor in 6lb or Drennan feeder mono

solwood

Site Supporter
I love these debates, I havevused many lines from Daiwa, Berkley trident, gardener drennan and ultima

Generally for the same stated diameter lines break at about the same point

Sensor has more stretch than hyper Sensor, but in my experience breaks way above its stated bs.

4lb Sensor is thicker than 5lb
hyper Sensor by about 10%. Not surprising to see Sensor 4lb break at a higher point than the hyper

A tough 6lb line is likely to be an underrated 8lb line if you look at diameter

I am always surprised at people using 8lb line on short feeder rods, that's what I use for my carp rods !

solwood

Site Supporter
Hyper Sensor is a nicer line than Sensor but I am happy to use either.

If you can find it I really rate ultima power plus line especially in 8 10 12 for carp and barbel

satinet

I use sensor or hyper most of the time.

However Shimano actually did or do an equivalent line. I've had a roll of 6lb on the go for years. Caught many a carp on it. Only just run out. Very similar to sensor.

Be glad we still got (hyper) sensor these days with everything getting expensive.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Matrix Horizon will give you the best of both worlds, 8lb BS is 0.20mm. It’s my personal choice, never had a problem, takes some breaking when I hook a tree!