Feeder line

Conor5921

Looking to get some new line for my feeder fishing setup

Got a preston carbonactive mini carp 10ft

Already set on preston sinking mono but not sure if I should get

5lb 0.20 line or 6lb 0.23?????

Will the difference be noticeable between or am I overthinking?

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
What are you fishing for? Method? Distance? Too many variables you haven’t filled in. I rarely fish a method feeder but use 8lb line when I do, for distance I’ll use lighter with a shock leader, for silvers I’d use 3lb.

Total

Site Supporter
What are you fishing for? Method? Distance? Too many variables you haven’t filled in. I rarely fish a method feeder but use 8lb line when I do, for distance I’ll use lighter with a shock leader, for silvers I’d use 3lb.
You've got feeder line?:eek::devilish::ROFLMAO:

Total

Site Supporter
Fishing method feeder on commercials with a good mix but nothing bigger than 18lbs
^^ 6 pound feeder line will be fine, but have a spool of 8 pound if water is /fishing near snags.....Tip....Stay away from the Preston sinking mono....:poop:

Total

Site Supporter
I use Pro Gold, but you'll not be able to get that at the moment until next year as Covid has buggered up supplies to this country....I've been trialling Matrix Horizon X sinking mono, early signs show favourably, but it ain't cheap....:(

Matrix Horizon X Sinking Mono

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I use Shiman Technium in 8lb and the Preston sinking mono in lighter sizes, never had an issue with it. I also use the 3lb sinking mono for winter waggler fishing.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Looking to get some new line for my feeder fishing setup

Got a preston carbonactive mini carp 10ft

Already set on preston sinking mono but not sure if I should get

5lb 0.20 line or 6lb 0.23?????

Will the difference be noticeable between or am I overthinking?
I have same rod for method fishing.
2500 baby bait runner with 8lb daiwa sensor.

Total

Site Supporter
I have same rod for method fishing.
2500 baby bait runner with 8lb daiwa sensor.
Do you have many problems with Sensor Mr Rudd (curling, kinking etc etc) or are changing it out regularly before it goes dodgy?:unsure:

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Do you have many problems with Sensor Mr Rudd (curling, kinking etc etc) or are changing it out regularly before it goes dodgy?:unsure:
Never had a problem with it and use it on specimen, feeder, waggler and beach set ups ( multiplier and fixed spool)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I had no end of problems with sensor when I tried using it, curling and kinking and all sorts, I think essentially it’s too thick and stiff for it’s BS. Hyper sensor seems a lot better though. It’s certainly more supple and thinner for its BS. I’m currently giving it a bit of a run as my main feeder line. Well I say currently in reality the fishing as been good enough this year that I haven’t had to resort to the feeder much but on the odd occasion I have it’s seemed pretty good. It’ll certainly get more of a run out over the coming months when you don’t really want your hands out of your pockets for float fishing 🥶