feeder fishing

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Yep, funny old morning, I will give the rivers a week.

My first outing on a river this season will be the Medway at Barming, be new to me. Might even have to buy more than a
quarter pint of maggots!

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
The Grey's Barbel rods I have can cast a fully loaded 4oz feeder quite a way. Not quite sure of the test curve without digging them out but I think they are 1.75 tc

The one I got is the Prodigy TXL Barbel in 2lb test, website says 90g but not sure if thats maybe an error? I don't mind risking chucking more than that, if it breaks ill know it was too much ?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The one I got is the Prodigy TXL Barbel in 2lb test, website says 90g but not sure if thats maybe an error? I don't mind risking chucking more than that, if it breaks ill know it was too much ?

Mine are also the TXL. :upthumb:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I use the tips mostly, but it depends on the water. I have used the Avon tops too though, such as here on the Trent. It might not look it, but there was a strong pull on the river that day.

100_1797.JPG

stickfloatkev

stickfloatkev
@Zerkalo stick some groundbait and hemp or pellets in with the maggots to slow the release or you’ll have yourself a bleak magnet on some stretches lol

@stickfloatkev these are the type of boom/clip things I use.
1592236788607.jpeg
But why mate? :)
Feeder fishing on the Severn tomorrow and on the go I will have two hook lengths of different size hooks and pellet,two for maggot/caster and one for worms.
I will probably use all of them throughout the day and the pellet ones will be banded with bait ready to go.
If it's easier to change then you will and by doing so you increase your chances of working for bites. (and hopefully fish)
if you are feeder fishing and feeding ou a big bow in the line do you cast straight in front of you and position the rod pointing downstream