Feeder fishing without alarm / quiver

squimp

Site Supporter
Ringle: a Fluoro orange plastic Ring that clips onto your line with a bit of silicone tube. Basically a Better designed, commercial version of a washing up bottle top. Just about the best ever lightweight bobbin. If I had the brains to add a photo I would do so.

invented by a guy called Alan Pearce probably around 1985-90. I’m lucky enough to say that he was a good pal of mine. RIP Alan.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Swingtip , sidewinder, Polaris, locslide or kelly klip were you can use any waggler with an eye

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Open bail arm and drop off indicator arm like pike fishing desdbaits ?

Adders27

Thanks for the numerous suggestions
I’m going to try the light bobbin idea first as I have one or two already. Have to remember to loosen my reel clutch in case a carp takes off !! Be interesting to see how sensitive it can be compared to a 1.5oz tip

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Rod tip pointing down slightly off centre with the rod butt on your lap and cast to the edges of your swim.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Ringle: a Fluoro orange plastic Ring that clips onto your line with a bit of silicone tube. Basically a Better designed, commercial version of a washing up bottle top. Just about the best ever lightweight bobbin. If I had the brains to add a photo I would do so.

invented by a guy called Alan Pearce probably around 1985-90. I’m lucky enough to say that he was a good pal of mine. RIP Alan.
Thank you Squimp. Rudd must be busy I guess. Cheers mate. I’d never heard of a Ringle. ?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Mmmmmm poor pensioner my ar#e. Lead sales up this year ? ??

Why? Do you want to buy a set? :giggle:. I have some that plug into the alarms that light up when you get a run, full set of 4 (blue, red, green and yellow). Turns the bank side into a disco if you get a run on 3 rods. :D Now...where's that white suit? :unsure: :LOL:

TimFB

Thanks for the numerous suggestions
I’m going to try the light bobbin idea first as I have one or two already. Have to remember to loosen my reel clutch in case a carp takes off !! Be interesting to see how sensitive it can be compared to a 1.5oz tip
I have a similar problem on many of the pegs I fish. In those circumstances I use a lightweight bobbin (I think they are made by Fox, but can’t be sure, but they are less than an inch long) and slacken off my drag, just in case. Use 6lb main most of the time and while that set up isn’t as sensitive as a quiver, it does the job. I really like bobbins...there is something exciting about seeing it bobbin before the drag starts clicking away ?

smiffy

Site Supporter
Wasn’t there such a thing as a dough bobbin? Or am I making that up? Made of compressed bread.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
They are a very lightweight bit of plastic fished as a bobbin.
Cannot find a pjcture so got ot my piccaso pen

1599986456132-1452601958.jpg
Thank you very very much for that rudd. That is very kind of you. ?. I take it you clipped it on and off your line after casting ? By the way pall. I’ve just seen your Ringle twitch. Ooooo errrr missus. ???

rudd

Site Supporter
Thank you very very much for that rudd. That is very kind of you. ?. I take it you clipped it on and off your line after casting ? By the way pall. I’ve just seen your Ringle twitch. Ooooo errrr missus. ???
Yes, I dont have any but a club member does and catches alot of Perch using them.

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
When using one of my old rod that's not very sensitive.
I just use a large float about 1'to 2' overdepth just tighten line to take out the slack so float is just laying flat, fish can have a little run before it feels anything.
Had half a dozen carp last weekend using it.