Feeder fishing with paste...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyprinus

what can i do to keep the paste on the hook on the cast? i've heard of using beads ect but aint got a clue how to do it

Cheers Jamie

Bill G

Grandad
difficult to do mate ive never tried but why not put the whole rig in a pva bag and then launch it i think that would work not sure though[8D]

scttsman04

use paste springs on a hair rig and then i like to use a slighty bigger lead (1oz) to make sure that i can cast the distance with less effort!

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
Paste springs is the way to go, although make sure you use a relatively strong hair, preferably Dacron, as the spring can lodge in the fishes gut if it becomes detached.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
Would it be big enough to mould the paste around and retain it?

Another option is to use the new Skinz hookbaits, they stay on great and fish
just like paste.[:)]

Thom

When i fish paste on the feeder it is always dry paste rather than traditional wet paste.

On the hair i have a hair rigged pellet as this offers a second bait once the paste has broken down.

The paste, as said before, is mixed dry. it is mixed to the point where i can pinch it around the pellet in a couple of squeezes between thumb and finger, sort of similar to a groundbait around a maethod feeder.

I dont belive a wet mix offers any advatage over a dry mix as as soon as the 'paste' enters the water, due to the dry nature it will absorb water and turn wet.

dont bother using extra lead to minimise effort casting, it's not really neccesary and will just offer more resistance when the carp takes which is the only advtage i can see there. a semi-fixed rig is also very good to use.

I really do reccomend the hair rigged pellet as apposed to other methods though as it does give a second abit to fish should the paste come off during the cast (it shouldnt/normally doesnt mixed dry) as well as being a very good shape to hold paste firmly unlike a bead/leger stop.

hope this helps

[:)]

KevC

LIVERPOOL WANDERER
I hair rig a 8mm boilies / pellet and wrap paste around it, if you paste is gone a bit there's still an hookbait. You can use a drennan stop bead/korum change bead also.
Don't use light mix like Ringers, swimstim, method mix all are good choices. Sometimes I mix meat in it and it's a killer.

monkey20

i read in a magazine to band a pellet on and then wrap the paste around that. therefore if the paste comes off there is still a pellet for the fish

bobmouse

I use a small hard pellet on the hair and wrap the paste around that. I use quite a still paste which is good for casting. I normally just use damp pellets then squeeze it into a paste. I fished feeder and paste last time I went out and its killer. I stuffed my feeder full of damp pellets , hemp and corn then put the pellet/paste combo on the hook and caught masses of fish when other people on the lake were finding it hard.

scttsman04

but if fish are really having it then you have to wait for the bag to disolve! and with the extra lead i dont have problems and i fish it on a carp safety clip free running for about a foot!

ubat

Banded pellet is the way, quick & easy, try to mix the paste so it stays on when casting and falls off on the retrieve, as soon as it settles it starts to break down the fish love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.