Feeder fishing for Roach in Winter - would you?

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I'm swaying towards a small cage feeder with groundbait and maggot, on a short feeder link with an 18inch hooklength with single maggot to a 20 or 18.
Along with my trusty Drennan float rod, ABU501 , and a Drennan Stillwater Blue set about 4inch over depth but the shot button'ed down the line to check for fish on the drop. Maggot or Bread punch ... and leave the pole at home ;)

Nice steady away and relaxing fishing.
Whichever method you choose, I hope you have a nice relaxing session, and a few nice fish.

Total

Site Supporter
I'm swaying towards a small cage feeder with groundbait and maggot, on a short feeder link with an 18inch hooklength with single maggot to a 20 or 18.
Along with my trusty Drennan float rod, ABU501 , and a Drennan Stillwater Blue set about 4inch over depth but the shot button'ed down the line to check for fish on the drop. Maggot or Bread punch ... and leave the pole at home ;)

Nice steady away and relaxing fishing.
Enjoy your day and hope you have a few......;)(y)

Tristar

Site Supporter
Nope. The fishery he's going to doesn't allow feeders. 😂 🤣
I shudder when I hear the word "feeders" I googled to learn what feeders are.......the result wasn't what I hoped for :oops: I've deleted my search history in case I get questioned by my slim size 10 partner :p