Feeder / Bomb Reel Suggestions £30-60.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Reason the budget is so low is because I'm usually fishing pole and I doubt I'll be using it much unless I'm at commercials.

I currently have a 11 FT Drennan Red Range Rod + Reel, But it's clear the reel isn't working as it should. I was fishing a commercial over the weekend and the drag wasn't working when I had the fish in landing net distance, Causing a few snap ups.

Will happily purchase used if anybody has any suggestions to look out for.

Cheers

alsur

Site Supporter
Been looking at that price range myself but have decided I will spend a bit more, I was tempted with Korum Axis £34.99 no spare spool they are available £12.99 or Daiwa Ninja if you can find an original match they go for about £60 with spare spool didn't fancy New LT model. Cadence reels come recommended but some models are out of stock at moment.

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
Korum Axis reels ideal. Have a 3000 myself id recommend stepping up to 4000 for feeder.

nejohn

Site Supporter
You could do a lot worse than a Daiwa regal baitrunner in either 2500 or 3000 size you only get 1 spool but they are a pretty smooth robust reel for not a lot of cash, I have a couple of 2500 that I use on feeder rods when I fish commies and they have never let me down. Angling direct were doing them for £35 and at that price I think they are a pretty good buy

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Been looking at that price range myself but have decided I will spend a bit more, I was tempted with Korum Axis £34.99 no spare spool they are available £12.99 or Daiwa Ninja if you can find an original match they go for about £60 with spare spool didn't fancy New LT model. Cadence reels come recommended but some models are out of stock at moment.
Korum Axis reels ideal. Have a 3000 myself id recommend stepping up to 4000 for feeder.

Liking the looks of the Korum Axis, However not having a spare spool is stopping me.
Instead of spending 12.99 would it be better to go for the Daiwa Ninja Match?

You could do a lot worse than a Daiwa regal baitrunner in either 2500 or 3000 size you only get 1 spool but they are a pretty smooth robust reel for not a lot of cash, I have a couple of 2500 that I use on feeder rods when I fish commies and they have never let me down. Angling direct were doing them for £35 and at that price I think they are a pretty good buy

Mhm, This seems like a solid deal. The Baitrunner is also a major + for me.
Do you know if these come with spare spools?
Thanks

Aztecca

I got a Daiwa Legalis match/feeder reel at the start of the year for £60 been impressed with it so far.

alsur

Site Supporter
Liking the looks of the Korum Axis, However not having a spare spool is stopping me.

Thanks

You don't get a spare spool with newer ninja and the older one is hard to find If you don't mind buying from a French company you can get a Daiwa Procaster evo for just over £60 I have one and believe it's better than ninja More ball bearings and better bail arm and hip line clip, only problem like many daiwa's line lay can be a problem.

alsur

Site Supporter
I got a Daiwa Legalis match/feeder reel at the start of the year for £60 been impressed with it so far.
If that's original it looks a good reel but cheapest I could find now was £80

nejohn

Site Supporter

Thanks
No they don't come with a spare spool, but as most people carry feeder rods ready made up it is not as important as it used to be, and at that price you could probably get one for £15-20 which is the usual price for daiwa spools

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
Was on ebay early on in the year when they had a 15% off deal
I sold all my dawia tdr,and tdm,as I thought they was that good for the money.not on tdr par,but in my opinion on par with the tdm.for the money you are hard pushed to find better.

Aztecca

Fisherman's friend in Birmingham has the LT version of the legalis for £64.
They also have the Ninja match reels for £54.

alsur

Site Supporter
Fisherman's friend in Birmingham has the LT version of the legalis for £64.
They also have the Ninja match reels for £54.
Don't think either have them have got a spare spool, looks like daiwa removed spare spool from new reels and I'm not sure if new line clip is as good as hip line clip.

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
Not a fan of daiwas LT reels, feel a bit cheap to me.
I had alook at the Legalis (not the l.t)and bought four of them straight away great reels.
RRH only wants to spend £60 max,maybe the l.t or a ninja would be fine for him and his budget. Lots a good reels to choose from with in that budget.

alsur

Site Supporter
Don't think either have them have got a spare spool, looks like daiwa removed spare spool from new reels and I'm not sure if new line clip is as good as hip line clip.
Looking at photo again ninja could be older model worth a ring to find out fishtackleandbait who I think are in Ireland have a old ninja match for £54