Feeder Arm

This may seem like a stupid question but I was looking at buying a Preston Inception 3D 150 seat box, however I just wanted any thoughts on what feeder arm to buy as I can't decide between the 36 telescopic or 36 XS. I guess the XS will be more stable but is it more cumbersome to carry around than the telescopic?

My fishing is generally at commercials, so not doing any major yomping with my gear. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated and even any ideas for different arms available.

Thanks in advance

Marker50

Site Supporter
Hi.think 3dr long.extending type.
As a nice quick fit for rod rest.
Use with the matrix head nice and solid with stops on end.
I like how the end is angled up.I did,nt like messing with the adaptor thingys

Hi.think 3dr long.extending type.
As a nice quick fit for rod rest.
Use with the matrix head nice and solid with stops on end.
I like how the end is angled up.I did,nt like messing with the adaptor thingys
I thought exactly the same when I saw the Preston type you buy the arm then have to buy a right angled adaptor for the rest, hmm food for thought

Thanks again

Marker50

Site Supporter
Mqtrix one as a push button quick release for head.
You dont have to unscrew top to pack away
.the bit i liked

stephenk

Site Supporter
I have the preston 36 straight feeder arm - no support bars.

Use with a reaper rod rest head - you can point the "ears" up so dont need a 90 degree adapter.

Works fine. Would only need longer if river feeder fishing.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
May I ask - which of these would also fit an old style box with 19mm square legs ?

squimp

Site Supporter
I've just bought a modern Preston extending feeder arm, the one with the small adapter at the rod rest end. It cost me £15 second hand.

It fits straight onto an old Milo 19/20 mm square leg (with an insert that came with it).

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I've just bought a modern Preston extending feeder arm, the one with the small adapter at the rod rest end. It cost me £15 second hand.

It fits straight onto an old Milo 19/20 mm square leg (with an insert that came with it).

Thanks 👍

Total

Site Supporter
I'm 'old school' too, 'Boss' 8 drawer box etc,, 19mm square legs etc, and purchased the original Boss feeder arms and even cobbled together an extendable arm from an old 'Octoplus' feeder arm that fitted.

Now, while this 'Boss' feeder arm catered for most of my feeder fishing and is well designed, solid and easily adjusted through height and rotary directions via its ratcheted design and handwheels ( and fixed to the 19mm square legs of the footplate) its only fault, (IMO) especially when the arm was directed straight out in front of me, the main arm would often get in the way and be a general nuisance....

I fairly recently purchased a 'Feederland Pro' feeder arm, which can fit any leg profile from 18mm right upto 36mm. Now the price of it (£91, inc' delivery) is a bit eye watering and made me baulk at first! :oops::giggle:.....But I was able to try one out first via a friend whose opinion I respect....I was sold on it. Well recommended, especially if feeder fishing is your thing.....

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
@OldTaff any of the preston off box 36 attachments will fit all you need is a 19mm insert mate, so keep your eyes on eBay the inserts are 2-3 quid a pair, some of the older attachments come with 19mm inserts.