Feeder arm to fit chair

Browner

Site Supporter
C6DD662C-1BE1-40C3-8572-6340E6F23AC0.jpeg
Also, if you use a PI quick change adaptor you can use a standard 20mm extending bank stick fitted in it as the cam will clamp on the dia. Just cut the point off. Fits perfectly.

Cojjer

Preston do, or did, a Dutch Master feeder arm, this goes from 1.2mt to over 2mtr in length. The clamps open fully so they don't have to slide over the legs. you could get an adaptor and fit a butt rest to the same leg. Preston Offbox D36 Dutch Master Feeder Arm
IMG_20210325_182613.jpg
Wow, 2m long - not sure I need that much! Thinking the standard Preston one at a metre long will be more stable than the longer version, so probably opt for that. Be interested to see how others set their feeder arms up on a chair.

turnpike

I've just been through this for when I'm not taking the seatbox, tried a Preston Tele just forced onto leg rather than sliding over. That worked but was going to end up breaking it getting on and off. Got the korum adapter and found it didnt stay solid for me on a 20mm leg with adapter for the Preston arm and an offbox 20mm insert. Didn't want to buy a korum arm. In the end I'm back to a nice stable bank stick. Doesn't wobble around and isn't in the way for standing up.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I never use a bankstick for day sessions anymore. Short session it's the korum 25 for all day sessions it is the big brother both fully kitted out.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Problem with feeder arms on chairs is that the longer you go the more wobbly they get so I advise the shorter versions unless you can get one of the double fixing versions to fit.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I've just been through this for when I'm not taking the seatbox, tried a Preston Tele just forced onto leg rather than sliding over. That worked but was going to end up breaking it getting on and off. Got the korum adapter and found it didnt stay solid for me on a 20mm leg with adapter for the Preston arm and an offbox 20mm insert. Didn't want to buy a korum arm. In the end I'm back to a nice stable bank stick. Doesn't wobble around and isn't in the way for standing up.
If you put the adapter in the same place usually you could wrap some gaffer tape around the leg until a solid fit. It must be unusual, I used the Korum any chair Adaptor on my old JRC chair with the 20mm adapter that came with it with no problem at all.

turnpike

If you put the adapter in the same place usually you could wrap some gaffer tape around the leg until a solid fit. It must be unusual, I used the Korum any chair Adaptor on my old JRC chair with the 20mm adapter that came with it with no problem at all.
Yeah to be fair I only tried it once or twice. You're right that would probably help. I wanted to use the adaptor for both the butt rest and the feeder arm and it just tilted (couldnt take the weight). I could've persevered but I just started thinking what's so bad about bank sticks. In fact in many ways they are better. Other than having to find somewhere to put them and the actual putting them in.

turnpike

Try using it on a concrete or wooden platform.😁😁😁
Unless it's a huge platform I've usually found it's easy enough to just sit slightly to one side and have them in the edge. A few of the places I go with wooden platforms even have a hole conveniently placed for a bank stick and rest.