feeder and led fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
whats the best way to feeder/led fish ?

i used to put feeder/led on main line make a loop and put not at beginning of loop and tie my hook length on the loose bit, think it was called a paternoster rig if i remember right.

but ive seen a few posts on here talking about using swivels, is this a better way ?
on the rig i used to use u cuold pull the hook and it went straight thru to the tip and not feel the weight.

alot has changed in 10 yrs being away and want to keep upto date with methods.
thanx
tony

..`. ><((((((>
``..`. ><((((>

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D]

Hi Tony -- Well mate you could try the 4 turn waterknot, get a hooklength smaller than your main line....say 5lbml to 3lb hl lie them along side making sure the hooklength is longer than the mainline..then use the waterknot make a loop and put both lines through 4 times and moisten before pulling tight....then cut the mainline to the length you require trim the length nearer the reel to the waterknot and bingo...tie your hook to the hooklink and your feeder to the mainline...[:D][:D]
Or you could do what l do and put a feeder on the line first, then a bead then a leger stop......then about 6 ins away l put a swivel and then tie my hooklink to that....[^][^]
It works for me on rivers and ponds...no resistence you see....

Cheers mate and tightlines...

MOOKIE.....[^][^][^]

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
the easiest way is to form a big loop in your main line (about 2ft) and then cut the loop making sure that one bit is long than the other and then attach your hooklink to the longer bit and bomb/feeder to the shorter bit! Simple!

fishing_mad

here use this one take your line thread your feeder about a foot up it and use a large shot to hold it in place at one side this is safe for fish so if your line snaps they dont have to drag a feeder or weight around with em

[:)]Fishing Mad[:)]

MALC

FM,
That way also weakens the line where the shot is pinched on and with continued casting the shot will dislodge and slip.[;)]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

BlythMags

I slide a snaplink swivel up the mainline and attach a leger stop bead about a foot up the line (including the length of the hooklength).

I can then attach and easily switch between feeders and legers easily and the line is free to slide thru the snaplink, without the fish feeling any resistance.

It's worked for me so far, and means I can replace the feeder with a leger when I have fish in my swim, rather than spook them by continuing to use a feeder.

It's also worth cuuting a small piece of silicon tubing to size to slide of the snaplink to stop the line snagging.

anyexcuse

I've tried a few but I'm happy with the following at the moment.Tie a 4-6" loop in your mainline leaving a tag end 1" longer.Thread the loop through the eye of the swivel on your feeder/bomb, then put your feeder/bomb back through the loop and pull tight.On the tag end tie on your hook length using a 4 turn water-knot.If you want to change the feeder to a bomb or vice versa just push the loop through the eye to loosen and slip the feeder/bomb back through the loop.

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
thanx for for the idea's, im gonna try them out see which one i like.

talking about the hook length, i cant do this 4 turn water knot, i seen keith do it on tight lines on sky and i tried it and it never worked for me, i do loop 2 loop, loop end of main line and same on hooklength then put hook thru main line loop then hook thru hooklength loop, is this good ?

..`. ><((((((>
``..`. ><((((>

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here you go Hopper: www.pikezander.co.uk/knots.htm

Dave

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
thanx dave

ijust looked at the 4 turn water knot and still dont have a clue haha, it only shows 1 length of line not 2.

i can tie a spade no problem, but other knots im useless

..`. ><((((((>
``..`. ><((((>

Lid

You can get animated knots from the web, but the best ones I found you have to pay for.
I'll look later and put the links here.

Lid [:)]

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
thanx lid, bet its easy once you see it a few times

..`. ><((((((>
``..`. ><((((>

Lid

As promised here's some amimated knot sites :

http://www.noreast.com/knots/knotsindex.cfm

http://strikesa.co.za/knots.asp

http://www.marinews.com/fishing/fk_main.htm

and this one's not animated, but quite good I think :

http://www.claphamangling.co.uk/knots.htm (4 turn water knot here)
and lastly, for now, here's a link to the animated fishing knot program you can demo and buy :

http://members.aol.com/idfrank/knotfree.html

Lid [:)]

Last edited:

baz.thornton

Thread a feederlink onto mainline and make a large loop (18 inches. Pull feeder link to find centre of loop then tie three small loops. Attach hooklength to end small loop and bingo. This method stops your feeder going to your rod tip when baiting up. One thing though dont use it for carp/barbel cos when they take the bait the knot on the big loop hits the feeder and weakens it . Good for Slabs though

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
thanx lid i'll go check them out now mate

..`. ><((((((>
``..`. ><((((>

Status
Not open for further replies.