Feeder - 2 rods - how to arrange peg

TimFB

Rod pod, alarms, bobbins and baitrunners if using two rods?
With u on th bobbins, but alarms ....my baitrunners make lots of noise ?

Attachments

• FA22A89D-4FD5-4DAD-8C72-BBE1A218F25B.jpeg
    FA22A89D-4FD5-4DAD-8C72-BBE1A218F25B.jpeg
    360 KB · Views: 11

Simon90

If your going to fish two rods simultaneously then definitely make sure you use baitrunners, as others have mentioned it not unusual for the rod to be dragged towards the water during a big take, especially on the method or when fishing close in.
I don't fish two rods at once when feeder fishing, but usually have a couple of rods set up, so I can make changes quickly and always have a line in the water. Personally I would find having two lines on the go at the same time a bit to much to manage.

Browner

Site Supporter
I regularly fish two feeder rods. For me the trick is to use two different length rods.
If my rods are to the left then I’ll fish the longer rod (11ft maybe) farther out, far left position.
The second, shorter rod (10ft maybe) will be fished shorter and near left.
This allows me to have both reels about the same position which makes the strike easy for me.

davylad

Site Supporter
Quite a few venues near me, don't allow two feeder rods, you can fish say a pole or a waggler rod and a feeder rod. Personally I get into all sorts of situations, on the odd time I fish a feeder rod with my usual pole set up. On most venues nowadays, apart from the natural ones, you have all on keeping up with one method never mind two.:)

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Two rods pointing straight out, and fitted with polaris sidewinder bite indicaters. Simple and effective.

Simon R

Site Supporter
On rivers this is the sort of set-up I employ - the right-hand rod is cast across river and the left-hand rod cast well downstream so the two shouldn't interfere with each other in use. There's 6" difference in rod-length too although I wouldn't expect that to make a lot of difference in this case.

Spenny 16-6-11 014a.jpg

Simon

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Who needs alarms...? (mine are switched off with me pins on the rests) the ratchet on them is (blin)'kin loud...😛
20200712_081251.jpg
It's a great sound when you get a run on the ratchet

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Ho yas... quite a loud shriek if you get a lump on the end 🤣🥰

rudd

Site Supporter
Who needs alarms...? (mine are switched off with me pins on the rests) the ratchet on them is (blin)'kin loud...😛
20200712_081251.jpg
Its been so.long since mine bleeped, I've taken the batteries out to save money 😐