Favourites

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Pundits opinions.

For me:
Keane when its a Utd game.
Souness any game. And yes Graeme, agree, no decision for Bassaka last week to be able to get caught in two minds-nearest to the ball closes it down.
Neville and Carragher as a double act
Neville on his own

Largely all of the above for the way they assess games and passages of play, including Keane and Souness for saying things as they are. Elements too of entertainment value of course with the double act.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Pundits opinions.

For me:
Keane when its a Utd game.
Souness any game. And yes Graeme, agree, no decision for Bassaka last week to be able to get caught in two minds-nearest to the ball closes it down.
Neville and Carragher as a double act
Neville on his own

Largely all of the above for the way they assess games and passages of play, including Keane and Souness for saying things as they are. Elements too of entertainment value of course with the double act.
All good. Danny Murphy on talk sport on a Monday with Jim white 10 to 1 is normally a good listen.
Ps. Graeme souness took Jim white to one side years ago and told him he was drinking to much.
He been off drink for 10 years now. 👍
Pps Some of the new younger ones on talk sport and some of the lasses are rubbish
Darren Bent and Jamie OHara 🙈

DFL

Site Supporter
I like Roy Keane, he always makes me smile. Another vote for Danny Murphy.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
My favourite co-commentator is Jim Beglin, even though my head tells me that I shouldn't really like him as he played for Liverpool....... :eek:

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
All good. Danny Murphy on talk sport on a Monday with Jim white 10 to 1 is normally a good listen.
Ps. Graeme souness took Jim white to one side years ago and told him he was drinking to much.
He been off drink for 10 years now. 👍
Pps Some of the new younger ones on talk sport and some of the lasses are rubbish
Darren Bent and Jamie OHara 🙈
Radio wise punditry, Danny Murphy agree.
What you think to Simon Jordan @62tucker ?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Radio wise punditry, Danny Murphy agree.
What you think to Simon Jordan @62tucker ?
He is a knob but actually like listening to him. Sometimes can talk a lot of sense and not scared to say what he thinks.
Did you see when he came up to Newcastle other week to do the show

Trent_Fisher

Neville and Carra are top tier. Keane is great but find he doesn’t offer the same tactical insight as the aforementioned duo. I like Lampard when he is on too, very well spoken and offers a great insight into the game.

Worst

Souness - Massively biased towards Liverpool, getting even more cantankerous as he gets older.

Micah Richards - great energy and enthusiasm but absolutely hopeless as a pundit. It feels like he starts a sentence and doesn’t even know the point he’s getting across. Never stops with the football cliches either.

Thierry Henry - Absolutely terrible.

Match of the day - Really struggle with the analysis on MOTD, think I’ve been spoiled with Sky. I know they don’t have anywhere near the time sky have to analyse the matches but the analysis just consists of drawing shapes or effects on the clips and stating the obvious.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I don't like Danny Murphy as he can often talk absolute S***e and never really qualifies a lot of his statements as for Simon Jordan although he is a bit of a knob at least he is not scared to say what he thinks but more to the point usually gives a reason as to why he thinks something OK you might not agree with him but at least he justifies his statements.
On the TV I agree with most that Micah Richards is not great the same for Alex Scott
I don't mind Souness as long as Liverpool are not playing, the same goes for Carragher and Neville (though Neville is Man Utd biased) I do however like Ian Wright he is both passionate and insightful and gets his points across very well, Shearer is the same but I also understand how some people might think he has a bit of an NUFC bias .....and the least said about Lineker the better

H T B

Site Supporter
In our {LCFC] title winning season many pundits were asked if Leicester could win the league.

Danny Murphy came up with ' they can't'
when asked why?
'They can't, they just can't'

very insightful Danny.

We did, we just did! :cool:

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
He is a knob but actually like listening to him. Sometimes can talk a lot of sense and not scared to say what he thinks.
Did you see when he came up to Newcastle other week to do the show
No, what did he have to say? I like what he brings to the debate from a club/ownership point of view, rarely comes down on the side of players when clear they are taking the proverbial too.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
In our {LCFC] title winning season many pundits were asked if Leicester could win the league.

Danny Murphy came up with ' they can't'
when asked why?
'They can't, they just can't'

very insightful Danny.

We did, we just did! :cool:
31 years ago ? You can't count the covid * title. 🙄
How old was Murphy ?

62tucker

Site Supporter
No, what did he have to say? I like what he brings to the debate from a club/ownership point of view, rarely comes down on the side of players when clear they are taking the proverbial too.
Before the takeover he said the deal was deader than a dead thing from dead land so some supporters got him and presented him with a T-shirt
7953BCE1-ECD7-478B-8834-91153CC2B6A8.png

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Says it how it is and clearly on the show to bring balance from the other side of the football business.